Covid is back. Head on a swivel boys.

BandanaVTDavis4321

Winter is here and Covid is raging again. The new variant is also here. Hopefully, the 24 teams left in the VHSL playoffs don't get caught and have their seasons abruptly end. 12 of those 24 only have 1 more school day before their seasons end, so it's likely no team will get hit with the Covid bug tomorrow at school.

Numbers are skyrocketing and the virus is once again, seemingly everywhere. I made this post early in the season and want to make it again. If you are a player, stay away from other High School Students for tomorrow and the next week if you win Saturday by ensuring 6 feet. Think about everything you have worked for.. When the non-football playing student comes down with Covid at school after going to school all day, then deciding to tell someone he or she is sick after being around 100 people, if you are a player, you do Not want to be a part of that contact tracing. You don't want to be one of those that is counted as an exposure. There's only 6 school days between now and the state title game for 12 out of 24 teams.

I don't encourage skipping school, but if you can get an excused absence, now is the time to take a couple. Head on a swivel boys, because if not, your season can end quickly, even this late in the playoffs. 

Just my take. 

From what I understand if vaccinated the kids don't miss school if exposed. The vaccine won't stop anyone from catching it or spreading it. Just has a high chance of not dying from it. I was fully vaccinated in June then caught Covid in October. Felt like a head cold for me. But I have had friends die from it. Reason I got vaccinated. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

From what I understand if vaccinated the kids don't miss school if exposed. The vaccine won't stop anyone from catching it or spreading it. Just has a high chance of not dying from it. I was fully vaccinated in June then caught Covid in October. Felt like a head cold for me. But I have had friends die from it. Reason I got vaccinated. 

That is correct for most school districts. Vaccinated + no symptoms = no quarantine. If you are not vaccinated and exposed, it's 8-11 days quarantined (depending on school district), but either way, if an unvaccinated player is exposed this week, they would miss state.