M7 Tournament, GC beats Abingdon, Union beats RV

BandanaVTDavis4321

10 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Union thumped the Wolfpack tonight and Gate City rises to the occasion in the postseason and beats Abingdon by 10 points, and they will meet Union in the M7 Title Game on Saturday Night.  Gate City is now 11-12 on the season.  

So, the Mountain 7 seeds should be all set with 1. Union, 2. Gate City, 3. Ridgeview, 4. John Battle

I believe Abingdon is a 3 seed in Region 3D if I recall.

Just now, BigWinners said:

What happened to the RV poster who said RV could make a deep run in boys? lolol

They ain't out yet.  Lol.  They get Virginia High most likely in the Region, who they've already beat in regular season at the UVa-Wise tournament, which would get them to the semifinals against Union again where they will 99.5% be done.  That will be the farthest they've ever advanced, so that should be considered an accomplishment in my book.

23 minutes ago, swva_havok_fan said:

They ain't out yet.  Lol.  They get Virginia High most likely in the Region, who they've already beat in regular season at the UVa-Wise tournament, which would get them to the semifinals against Union again where they will 99.5% be done.  That will be the farthest they've ever advanced, so that should be considered an accomplishment in my book.

Being honest, I'll be surprised if they beat VHS. VHS has gotten better as season went on and RV seems to not be playin their best ball. When is M7 finak?

I'm calling my shot from months ago. Union will run through D like a run away semi truck with a full load in the box, and the two G's will meet in one of the Region D semi final games that will be the game to determine who advances as the 2 seed from Region D at the state level. 

Whether it's Gate City or Graham, and I do think it's 1 of those 2, they get to travel the first game of the playoffs to Buchanan, VA, to play what is arguably the second best Class 2 team in the state of VA in James River. I think Greensville County is a slighty better than James River, but either way, the Graham vs Gate City winner has a wicked tall task in pulling a W over JR on their home floor. 

The problem for VA High. Because they will be the 2 seed in the SWD for the Region tournament, they have to play Union in the second game (semi final game) of the Region and their season ends. Same thing for RV if they get the W over VH in the first game of playoffs, they are done in game 2 against Union. This is where Grahsm winning the SWD in regular season has the advantage over VH and Ridgeview, they basically need 1 win over GC to advance to the state tournament and avoid Union in game 2 of the playoffs.

40 minutes ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

I'm calling my shot from months ago. Union will run through D like a run away semi truck with a full load in the box, and the two G's will meet in one of the Region D semi final games that will be the game to determine who advances as the 2 seed from Region D at the state level. 

Whether it's Gate City or Graham, and I do think it's 1 of those 2, they get to travel the first game of the playoffs to Buchanan, VA, to play what is arguably the second best Class 2 team in the state of VA in James River. I think Greensville County is a slighty better than James River, but either way, the Graham vs Gate City winner has a wicked tall task in pulling a W over JR on their home floor. 

The problem for VA High. Because they will be the 2 seed in the SWD for the Region tournament, they have to play Union in the second game (semi final game) of the Region and their season ends. Same thing for RV if they get the W over VH in the first game of playoffs, they are done in game 2 against Union. This is where Grahsm winning the SWD in regular season has the advantage over VH and Ridgeview, they basically need 1 win over GC to advance to the state tournament and avoid Union in game 2 of the playoffs.

Don't discount Battle yet.  They are sneaky good.  Not saying they will beat Graham, but I bet it's closer than you may think.

1 hour ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Don't discount Battle yet.  They are sneaky good.  Not saying they will beat Graham, but I bet it's closer than you may think.

Also, Marion isn't bad at all.  If they bring their A game, assuming they finish 3rd (3rd seed in the SWD) that game with Gate City will be closer than many think.   Marion is very slow and they struggle with quickness and speed, but Gate City isn't lights out quick like Graham or Va High is.  I think GC is slightly better than Graham and Va High, but Marion's matchup with Gate City, in my opinion, is likely to be closer in score just based on matchups.  They won't beat GC, but a game in which GC wins by 10 points wouldn't surprise me.

2 hours ago, swva_havok_fan said:

Battle gave Union all we could handle for a half anyway our last meeting. They aren't bad.

Bam! Told ya Marion is not bad. If they bring their A game, they can play, but I still didn't think they would beat VH. Just got tougher for Gate City as the Devils likely open with VA High, then play Graham likely in round two Two tough games for the Devils to advance to the region title game.