Gate City, Union, Graham, Marion Region D Scores 2/23/2022

BandanaVTDavis4321

Not a Region D score, but in Region C, Class 1, Fort Chiswell was up 53-11 in the mid 3rd quarter over Craig County.  I have said all year long that Parry McCluer will come out of the west and play for the state title in Class 1, but I'm telling ya what, outside of Lancaster and McCluer, Fort Chiswell may be the 3rd best Class 1 team in the state, and the game with McCluer might be a very tight game.  It's a shame they are on the seminfinal side of the Region C bracket with Parry McCluer, because if they lose to McCluer in 2 days, their season is over.  This team is absolutely rolling and just taking opponents to the woodshed.  They are something like 23-3 on the season.

Can the Bearcats hold on?  VH 39, Gate City 32 after 3.  Virginia High in major foul trouble.  Already with 7 team fouls going into the 4th quarter.  How many times since the year 2000 has Gate City not advanced past the first round of the playoffs.  Actually, how many times since the year 2000 has the Devils not at least advanced out of the region and onto the state level. 

Is the moment too big for the Cats?  That's the question.

Final: Va High 58, Gate City. 51 The moment is NOT to big for the Bearcats, and the Devils of Gate City finish with a losing record for the first time I think.... in.28 years.  In December, I said this would be the first time of this century that Gate City will finish with a losing record.  Another first of the century for Gate City.  I think.....the first time they have ever NOT won at least 1 regional game to advance at least to the final four of the region.  

With 19 seconds left in the game, Marion down 79-75 hits a fade away 3 pointer from near the 5 second line to get it to 79-78, then they still the inbounds pass and get fouled, and the Marion player makes both shots to give them an 80-79 lead.  Va High's ball back with a chance to win it and they miss a POINT blank under the basket attempt.