Virginia High @ Patrick Henry

V-Cats

Last year's game was on WCYB and finished as a 66-40 barnburner victory for the Cats

PH has looked great in the first two games and VHS has clearly taken a step back but is still loaded with talent and athletes on offense

I'm taking VHS 49-42

This game will tell alot for both. VA High if offesnively schemed right, has way too much speed for PH.  PH is big, strong, and will pound their running game, which basically Tazewell did.  I don't see PH stopping VH offensively if VH implements intermediate pass game. 

From what I've seen PH should run through region D easily if they stay healthy. J-Kwon is an animal on both sides of the ball. I am not sure if VA high can stop the run game of PH but I also dont think PH has anyone that can run with Poku or little Thomas. Being able to run the ball with Brody Jones would be a huge help for VA high. 

This game will come down to if VA high can big play PH enough to have a chance at the end. The old saying that "3 things can happen when you throw the ball and 2 of them are bad" will come into play on this one. The run game of PH will be too much for the bearcats. 

I definitely didn't expect this kind of game from our defense but I'll happily take it

I still think PH is the top dog in 1D but I was expecting a game more like last year's shootout 

1 hour ago, V-Cats said:

I definitely didn't expect this kind of game from our defense but I'll happily take it

I still think PH is the top dog in 1D but I was expecting a game more like last year's shootout 

This one surprised me as well as I expected a close game.  How was VHS able to shut down PH on offense? I thought PH would pound the rock.