Virginia High at Lebanon (Thursday)

Pioneer

This should be one heck of a game. Both teams have good skill players and athletes and QBs who have big arms. I'd maybe give Virginia High the slight edge in this one due to their overall speed and size, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if Lebanon won this one. 

Lebanon's passing game will give the Bearcats fits. I expect the Pioneers to keep it close. After watching the Central game, I think thr Pioneers can definitely play with the Bearcats. I think the keys for Lebanon are keeping big plays for Virginia High at a minimum and containing Jones in the running game. 

I will predict this one later 

What is your thoughts on this one ?

1 hour ago, Hokie Bound said:

VA High 42 Lebanon 12. VA High will be to physical for Lebanon. VA High beat Patrick Henry soundly while Patrick Henry beat Lebanon soundly. 

I've watched both Lebanon and Virginia High and I think it's going to be much closer than people expect. Lebanon played poorly against PH and they've been quietly improving since. The way Lebanon passes the ball id be shocked if Virginia High held Lebanon under 28. I think Virginia High is vulnerable to passing teams. Now Virginia High may very well beat Lebanon but I think it will be close. 

On 9/17/2022 at 11:36 AM, Pioneer said:

I've watched both Lebanon and Virginia High and I think it's going to be much closer than people expect. Lebanon played poorly against PH and they've been quietly improving since. The way Lebanon passes the ball id be shocked if Virginia High held Lebanon under 28. I think Virginia High is vulnerable to passing teams. Now Virginia High may very well beat Lebanon but I think it will be close. 

I hope its a good game gotta admit I was surprised Lebanon didn't score against Chilhowie in the first half. Solid second half by the Pioneers to pull away with a convincing win. Does anyone know if Lebanon is remaining in the Hogoheegee District since they are moving to class 2?

5 hours ago, Hokie Bound said:

I hope its a good game gotta admit I was surprised Lebanon didn't score against Chilhowie in the first half. Solid second half by the Pioneers to pull away with a convincing win. Does anyone know if Lebanon is remaining in the Hogoheegee District since they are moving to class 2?

They are continuing in the Hogoheegee, but will be playing 2A in playoffs, similar to what Abingdon does in the Mountain district. 

2 hours ago, UVAObserver said:

This is incorrect.  Lebanon will return to the SWD.

Yes I know it's incorrect. I was initially going on the information that I was given prior to the vhsl releasing their information.  

Now as far as last night's game. I give Virginia High credit they played well. They look like a team who can win 8 games. I think they will lose to Graham, and finish 8-2.  Hertig not playing last night hurt for sure, but wasnt the difference in the game. Its better that he gets healthy for more meaningful games. Lebanon plays Gate City next looking to rebound. I think Va High was the best team they will play. I see Lebanon finishing 6-4 or 7-3, if they keep injuries down and stay consistent.