Ridgeview Lee High

Packman

1 hour ago, generallyspeaking said:

I think it’ll either be a blowout or close like the Central game. Hopefully my Generals can pull off the upset!

Prediction based on feelings: Lee 28-21

Prediction based on logic: Pack 54-14

How does Lee’s offense look?  Are they still throwing the ball pretty frequently?

6 hours ago, SwvaOG said:

How does Lee’s offense look?  Are they still throwing the ball pretty frequently?

The offense looks much more comfortable than in week 1, it’s about 50/50 run pass. They moved the ball well running inside, Huff is a tank coming out of the backfield. The passing attack is our most dangerous weapon tho. #21 Hammonds is a stud athlete and #4 Early is a freshman who has made a lot of big plays this year and been one of the main targets on offense. Lee hardly had any negative yardage against PH, and what they did have came from penalties if I remember right. They’re in for a TOUGH test Friday night but I think they’re prepared to bring it and hang with Ridgeview. 

3 hours ago, generallyspeaking said:

The offense looks much more comfortable than in week 1, it’s about 50/50 run pass. They moved the ball well running inside, Huff is a tank coming out of the backfield. The passing attack is our most dangerous weapon tho. #21 Hammonds is a stud athlete and #4 Early is a freshman who has made a lot of big plays this year and been one of the main targets on offense. Lee hardly had any negative yardage against PH, and what they did have came from penalties if I remember right. They’re in for a TOUGH test Friday night but I think they’re prepared to bring it and hang with Ridgeview. 

It will be an interesting matchup because it is two passing attacks going at each other.  You rarely see that in SWVA.  Ridgeview has athletes on defense that can turn you over but they’ve been known to run that soft shell defense with the corners (I call it the soggy toast coverage).  I think Lee would love to see that.  
On the other hand, RV rolls out potentially the best WR crew in all of 2A and would give 3A a run for their money.  How is your pass defense?  They should be okay seeing how they have to defend it in practice so much. What I think will stress the Lee defense is defending O’Quinn as a runner.  He can run physically and scramble and can be tough for DBs to bring down (6’2”, 200lb)

2 minutes ago, Volfan101 said:

How is the packs run defense this year?

Not very good at this point.  They have the athletes that can get to the ball but don't get to the ball very well as a team, if that makes sense.  

22 minutes ago, Volfan101 said:

How is the packs run defense this year?

I would say it is improving.  They made an adjustment on DL that is helping and they still have a Fr and Soph as first year starters but they are improving.  The LBs are the best unit of the defense.  They will flash and make great plays but will leave their gaps sometimes.  The DBs aren’t that good in run support.  @Observer had it right by saying that they don’t pursue well as a team.  There really isn’t an excuse for that.  That defense would be as fierce as Graham and Union if they would go all in.  RV is an offensive first culture.  Union and Graham is a defensive first culture.

33 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

It will be an interesting matchup because it is two passing attacks going at each other.  You rarely see that in SWVA.  Ridgeview has athletes on defense that can turn you over but they’ve been known to run that soft shell defense with the corners (I call it the soggy toast coverage).  I think Lee would love to see that.  
On the other hand, RV rolls out potentially the best WR crew in all of 2A and would give 3A a run for their money.  How is your pass defense?  They should be okay seeing how they have to defend it in practice so much. What I think will stress the Lee defense is defending O’Quinn as a runner.  He can run physically and scramble and can be tough for DBs to bring down (6’2”, 200lb)

We haven’t really played anyone that can pass the ball. We picked off PH one of the few times they threw and the tall McCoy kid from Eastside had 2 or 3 short catches underneath. Union hit 1 deep ball on us that should’ve been knocked down when the backup Qb went in. It had the air under it but was wobbly as can be. If Ridgeview plays soft coverage that may favor us. We don’t throw deep too often, mostly shallow and mid crossing routes. We’ve done pretty good getting hats to the football after the catch. 

6 minutes ago, SwvaOG said:

I would say it is improving.  They made an adjustment on DL that is helping and they still have a Fr and Soph as first year starters but they are improving.  The LBs are the best unit of the defense.  They will flash and make great plays but will leave their gaps sometimes.  The DBs aren’t that good in run support.  @Observer had it right by saying that they don’t pursue well as a team.  There really isn’t an excuse for that.  That defense would be as fierce as Graham and Union if they would go all in.  RV is an offensive first culture.  Union and Graham is a defensive first culture.

Ridgeview has great athletes but it is obvious that some are doing their own thing on the defensive side and it bites them sometimes.

10 minutes ago, generallyspeaking said:

We haven’t really played anyone that can pass the ball. We picked off PH one of the few times they threw and the tall McCoy kid from Eastside had 2 or 3 short catches underneath. Union hit 1 deep ball on us that should’ve been knocked down when the backup Qb went in. It had the air under it but was wobbly as can be. If Ridgeview plays soft coverage that may favor us. We don’t throw deep too often, mostly shallow and mid crossing routes. We’ve done pretty good getting hats to the football after the catch. 

RV will, for sure, throw deep and often.  They want you to double cover #7 and pull those Safeties out of run support. They like to take the top off with #7 but they will throw any route to #5 and #13 as well.  I’m impressed with the size and ability of the WR crew and #7 and #5 have the speed to take it to the house and #13 isn’t slow. Plus the QB is a stud. The key will be how patient the QB is….he likes to force things sometimes and whether the Oline gives him time.  I think you will be able to throw underneath regularly and you will be okay running it.  Huff probably goes for 100 in this one.  This should be a shoot out….which are fun.

I saw where o'quinn has 600 passing yards and 7 tds  (don't know his ints) in 3 games. That's pretty impressive. I think Lee's qb has 500 passing yards, 7 tds, and 0 ints in 3 games. Pretty good stats for some underclassmen.

1 minute ago, Volfan101 said:

I saw where o'quinn has 600 passing yards and 7 tds  (don't know his ints) in 3 games. That's pretty impressive. I think Lee's qb has 500 passing yards, 7 tds, and 0 ints in 3 games. Pretty good stats for some underclassmen.

I think O'quinn has 6 INT's (2 in each game)

5 hours ago, Volfan101 said:

Didn’t Huff from Union have a pick vs Lee I know he has 3-4

Tv needs to take care of business the next two weeks.  Only issue that will hurt them is the turnovers.  There have been too many to start the year.  Central didn’t really have a huge running game after the 1st qtr, and that was mostly one big run..  That happens in high school.  
Union and Bluefield will be the teams that could stop an undefeated season. 

Ridgeview wins this one easly. I just can't see Lee defending the pass and do they have anyone  that can cover the Beavers or Counts. if O'quinn has all day in the pocket to throw the ball which he should he'll pick Lee apart. and if Ridgeview puts the speedster they have in at RB, I can see him breaking a couple big runs in this one as well 

9 hours ago, The_Professor said:

Ridgeview wins this one easly. I just can't see Lee defending the pass and do they have anyone  that can cover the Beavers or Counts. if O'quinn has all day in the pocket to throw the ball which he should he'll pick Lee apart. and if Ridgeview puts the speedster they have in at RB, I can see him breaking a couple big runs in this one as well 

Which RB are you referring to?