Independence High WV leads 300 to 8

BandanaVTDavis4321

3 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Through 5 games. Is 5-0. Leads opponents by a score of 300-8. That's an average score for 5 games of 60 to 1.6. Yes, schedule has been week, but still, that's historical type stuff if it persisted.

Wow my cousins step son plays starting WR for them. I knew they were really good,  but didn't realize they were that dominate. It would be interesting to see how they'd fair against some of the local teams equivalent to their size. A Union, Ridgeview, or Graham versus Indy game would be interesting. Looks like Indy has 600+enrollment, so those matchups would be possible. 

25 minutes ago, Pioneer said:

Wow my cousins step son plays starting WR for them. I knew they were really good,  but didn't realize they were that dominate. It would be interesting to see how they'd fair against some of the local teams equivalent to their size. A Union, Ridgeview, or Graham versus Indy game would be interesting. Looks like Indy has 600+enrollment, so those matchups would be possible. 

Do the 1 to 4 rule. Va has about 4 times the schools as West Virginia. Your 3rd best team in West VA is going to equal to roughly the 10thish to 12th best team in VA at its respective classification. So, WV is not as weak as its made out to be. They have less teams. Where it matters.....the top 2 in West VA can certainly play with VAs top 2 (on average) at its respective classification. Exceptions to the rule? Of course, but by in large, it's true. Those Fairmont teams over the past 5 or 6 years can certainly hold their own with the Union's, Grahams and Appos. Independence would play right with Graham and Union and Radford and POSSIBLY beat them, but Indy is a top 2 team along with Fairmont in AA WV. A big drop-off occurs at the 3rd or 4th spot, and that's due to just sheer numbers (less numbers of schools) compared to VA.

I've seen the Beavers over the years. When Bluefield is right, ask Graham how difficult they can be, and Tazewell, and Richlands, and Princeton, Pulaski Co, etc. 

Bluefield travels to up to Sophia, WV to take on Independence this week.  The Beavers got their first win this week and sit at 1-4. Indy is ranked #3 in WV AA and have outscored their opponents 300-8.  Bluefield has played a fairly tough schedule so far and Indy has stormed through cupcakes like a hungry fat guy.  This will be Indy's toughest test so far inspite of Bluefield's record, however, I think Indy will score often and win this game 43-12.

10 hours ago, BandanaVTDavis4321 said:

Do the 1 to 4 rule. Va has about 4 times the schools as West Virginia. Your 3rd best team in West VA is going to equal to roughly the 10thish to 12th best team in VA at its respective classification. So, WV is not as weak as its made out to be. They have less teams. Where it matters.....the top 2 in West VA can certainly play with VAs top 2 (on average) at its respective classification. Exceptions to the rule? Of course, but by in large, it's true. Those Fairmont teams over the past 5 or 6 years can certainly hold their own with the Union's, Grahams and Appos. Independence would play right with Graham and Union and Radford and POSSIBLY beat them, but Indy is a top 2 team along with Fairmont in AA WV. A big drop-off occurs at the 3rd or 4th spot, and that's due to just sheer numbers (less numbers of schools) compared to VA.

I've seen the Beavers over the years. When Bluefield is right, ask Graham how difficult they can be, and Tazewell, and Richlands, and Princeton, Pulaski Co, etc. 

Have to disagree. Bluefield a couple years ago with all the D1 kids would have been 3A in VA and lost 2 straight to LB which made semi finals, competitive yes, but Independence isnt competing with VA schools their size and neither is Martinsburg based on school enrollment guidelines. Independence would get run out of building against Phoebus, LCA or Heritage. Enrollment is fairly equal.