Eastside

BKFootball

38 minutes ago, BKFootball said:

Being the biggest school in the 1D, what in the world going on here?

They aren't the biggest 1D school. Lebanon has close to 600 students, that's why they are getting moved up to 2A. Lebanon has been the biggest 1D school since dropping to 1D last season.  Come to think of it they probably are one of the biggest if not the biggest in 1A. 

As for Eastside, they are very young, and not quite as athletic as they  have been in the past. Sometimes you go through bad cycles and have to rebuild especially in 1A, you don't have to kids to pull from to always reload. 

Eastside is having a unusual dry period for being the biggest. While other schools have to rebuild after a good run, Eastside has been spoiled with reloading year In and year out in all sports. It's pads the trophy case to be the biggest fish in the smallest pond. In fact I can't remember a single sport where Eastside has been dead last, the sheer number of students prevents that from ever happening.

1 hour ago, TwhscoachT said:

Eastside is having a unusual dry period for being the biggest. While other schools have to rebuild after a good run, Eastside has been spoiled with reloading year In and year out in all sports. It's pads the trophy case to be the biggest fish in the smallest pond. In fact I can't remember a single sport where Eastside has been dead last, the sheer number of students prevents that from ever happening.

I don’t think Eastside is long for this world anyways. I still feel like it’s going to get consolidated into Central at some point. 

34 minutes ago, Clippers#1 said:

Eastside needs to move to the Clinch Mountain District. 

The Mountain 7, they've got no business there with 2A schools and 3A Abingdon. Their athletic program isn't strong enough for that imo.