Lee & Abingdon

Gridiron60

Apparently a lot is riding on this game for more M7 teams than just these two. Does Lee have a chance or will Abingdon bounce back from the thrashing Union gave them? I think it has the potential to be a barn burner. Who would have thought at Week 1 , Lee would be in this position? 

They've progressively gotten better,  best teams they should, getting closer to teams they haven't. Gonna be a good one.  On another note,  spoke to a few from abingdon today and apparently the flu bug out something similar ran its course in abingdon since rv game.  Hope all are healthy and make a great game out of it this week. 

I wouldn't have thought about this being a meaningful game just a few weeks ago, but it certainly is.

I don't think either team has the edge, but the way Union passed on Abingdon, Lee may be very successful through the air.

Might depend on how well Abingdon can move Lee's DL off the ball.

Calpreps actually has Lee right now winning this game 28-27.   If Lee pulled off a win like this, even though Abingdon is down some, it's the type of win that can cement a program to another level.  Lee has been in the tank for while now and has trended up and out of the tank for some of last season (when it started) and this season.  A win like this kind of cements there place outside of a cellar dweller and takes them to another level of play in my opinion.   Lee is kind of already at that next level imo, but a win like this for the final game of the season would hammer it home, and regardless of what Lee does in the playoffs, an entire new outlook for the future of next season compared to so many years past going into a season.  

I wouldn't say anyone is really the dominant team in the Region.  Sure Graham is going to be 10-0, but they've not looked anywhere near what I was expecting this season but they did graduate some dang good kids last year and dealt with some injuries and off the field BS along the way.  Several games in the Mtn 7 were close for a good bit before being decided late in the game.  The SWD outside of Graham, consists of VHS with 7 wins but how many of those are inside 2D?  I wouldn't make any predictions based on records or even common opponents.  It's been a very strange season and at this point being able to host will be a huge factor.  I think it's wide open for anyone, but Graham a slight favorite coming off of last season and the experience their younger kids have had the past 2 seasons.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a coach lose a game they shouldn't to get what they feel is a more favorable match up in the region.  Traditionally, Graham, Union, and RV are gonna be in the mix but 2 will be on the same side in some fashion and possibly first round depending on this week.  Anyone's game after Friday.  Good luck to everyone.

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I wouldn't say anyone is really the dominant team in the Region.  Sure Graham is going to be 10-0, but they've not looked anywhere near what I was expecting this season but tdomianhey did graduate some dang good kids last year and dealt with some injuries and off the field BS along the way.  Several games in the Mtn 7 were close for a good bit before being decided late in the game.  The SWD outside of Graham, consists of VHS with 7 wins but how many of those are inside 2D?  I wouldn't make any predictions based on records or even common opponents.  It's been a very strange season and at this point being able to host will be a huge factor.  I think it's wide open for anyone, but Graham a slight favorite coming off of last season and the experience their younger kids have had the past 2 seasons.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a coach lose a game they shouldn't to get what they feel is a more favorable match up in the region.  Traditionally, Graham, Union, and RV are gonna be in the mix but 2 will be on the same side in some fashion and possibly first round depending on this week.  Anyone's game after Friday.  Good luck to everyone.

Graham is No.1 ranked in the state , only undefeated team in Class 2. Won 30 straight regular season games. Just wandering what you consider dominant? Highland Springs? Martinsburg, WV? 

relax guy, it's just an opinion.  good for them, glad they're ranked #1.  Never said they didn't deserve it.  They've beat everyone without a doubt.  At the end of the day who cares what rankings say.  Last I checked they don't award wins and losses based on a resume, but again it's just my opinion. Don't get testy or I'll tell everyone about Akers rumors coming to Bluefield.  Bahahaha.  I respect the pride you have in your team, you should feel that way.  It's all good fun here to differ in observation, perception, and opinion.  Good luck to yall along the way.

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

relax guy, it's just an opinion.  good for them, glad they're ranked #1.  Never said they didn't deserve it.  They've beat everyone without a doubt.  At the end of the day who cares what rankings say.  Last I checked they don't award wins and losses based on a resume, but again it's just my opinion. Don't get testy or I'll tell everyone about Akers rumors coming to Bluefield.  Bahahaha.  I respect the pride you have in your team, you should feel that way.  It's all good fun here to differ in observation, perception, and opinion.  Good luck to yall along the way.

not testy at all, everyone has their own opinion. 

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a coach lose a game they shouldn't to get what they feel is a more favorable match up in the region.  

So which teams are throwing this week’s game to get a more favorable match up in the region playoffs? 😂 Do you honestly think any of the coaches in the M7 or SWD would do this? Any coach worth anything would not do this purposely in my opinion. 

26 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Didn’t you know you’re not suppose to say anything negative about anyone here 

I just can't, it ain't in me.  I can throw an Akers reference here and there but that's about my limit.  I always just treat it like we're having a conversation around a table/campfire with an adult beverage and just disagree and respectfully cuss one another, maybe throw off on each other's heritage and continue on like it should be.  In person is much more fun. But, if I have to then here goes:  Why the hell don't that coach call the right play every time.  My boy ain't missed a single fund raiser, he should get every snap.  He better play, I donated $ myself.  Just messing, I really just can't do it.  On a funny note, I did hear, in the stands twice just this season, "I by-god served overseas to come back home to my boy not playing a down?"   TRUE STORY 

Throw a game?  Just saying it's been a screwy season, not that I really think it would happen, but hey nobody thought Akers would be a winner either.

the order will be in some fashion:  3-6 can change easily but it'll come down to the last minute of course.  for those that don't realize top 4 host first round 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5.  looking at fourseasons, lee last hosted in 1996 so yea it's a huge game for them vs abingdon. 

Graham 1

Ridgeview 2/3

Gate City 2/3/4 possible 5/6

VHS 4/5/6

Union 4/5/6

Lee 4/5/6 possible 3

Taz 7

Rich/Cent 8

Edited by Smashmouth
Overlooked part