Ridgeview at Gate City

Wolf1207

1 hour ago, SwvaOG said:

This is the week that the alpha DBs are excited about and the beta DBs will be losing sleep.  I’m anxious to see if the RV pass rush is as good as it looked against GC and if the Bulldog rush defense is as good as the fans say it is (holding Grundy’s rushing attack to 14 is not easy). RV should be watching for screens as a way to slow down their LBs and DL.  I’m not sure what Tazewell’s defensive approach will be.  If they double too much RV will run but if they play straight up on RVs receivers it will look like last night.  It looks like RV has figured out they are a tough out when they get the ball to the big three in space (Counts, Beavers and Hill) who accounted for five TDs last night.  

If either of these teams think they can sit back in soft zone, they’ll get carved up.  This will feature some really good positional matchups: Creasy vs O’Quinn, Harris vs Beavers, etc.  But I feel like Tazewell doesn’t have a Cannon Hill, he is a difference maker for RV plus the RV defense is, IMO, faster and more physical.  The dogs could use that to their advantage with screens, double moves and other tactics to counter an aggressive D.  

I think this will be the first time these two have played which is always fun.  The Ridge will be hoppin’ Friday night and it should be a great atmosphere, just like Legion was last night.  

I agree wi this.  They looked much better last night. The energy level was great to.

First time for me at GC for a big game. Have to say the atmosphere there is better than Bullet Park.