Lee High v. Thomas Walker Benefit Game

Bballinsider

Thomas Walker creates a turnover and secures a 50-48 win over Lee high with a game winning layup with 6 seconds left. 

Stats: 

Thomas Walker:

Kimberlin 25pts

#42 10pts

Lee High

Leonard 20pts

Pendergraft 11pts

Hammonds 10pts

Lee high opens their season Tuesday against Rye Cove 

TW plays Kachea next Tuesday

With the number of kids at lhs vs tw and the amount of travel ball that I’ve heard that the lee kids have been playing over the years, how are they losing to a smaller school like tw? I know last season wasn’t the most successful for them either.
Has tw got that much talent? Is the talent down that bad for lee? (I don’t think  so because I know they have great talent in kids like hammonds and Leonard). Is it coaching or are numbers down that bad? Or am I missing something else? What is happening?

45 minutes ago, elefan said:

With the number of kids at lhs vs tw and the amount of travel ball that I’ve heard that the lee kids have been playing over the years, how are they losing to a smaller school like tw? I know last season wasn’t the most successful for them either.
Has tw got that much talent? Is the talent down that bad for lee? (I don’t think  so because I know they have great talent in kids like hammonds and Leonard). Is it coaching or are numbers down that bad? Or am I missing something else? What is happening?

If Lee is anything like they have been in the past, they can't play defense without fouling. Their last coach seemed to encourage fouling to slow the game and turn it into a foul shooting contest.  Games took nearly 2 hours because of all the fouling, it was unbearable to watch. Maybe that mentality has hung around. 

12 hours ago, TheDuke said:

If Lee is anything like they have been in the past, they can't play defense without fouling. Their last coach seemed to encourage fouling to slow the game and turn it into a foul shooting contest.  Games took nearly 2 hours because of all the fouling, it was unbearable to watch. Maybe that mentality has hung around. 

Looks like Lee's best player didn't play so well. 

15 hours ago, elefan said:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2022 at 7:39 PM, elefan said:

Hackney is not a good coach and Lee has practically zero size in the post. It’s a team full of guards. Not sure Hackney absorbed anything from his time under Vermillion at Gate City as an assistant either.