Union @ Elizabethton thoughts

UnionGuy2017

7 hours ago, stan.the.man said:

against the 1's,  

I can only go by what Tom Taylor said "I have to give it to Union for trying to get into the endzone and giving our younger guys a good look"  so leads me to believe it wasn't there 1's

To BKFootball

I do concede that I'm only familiar with Union's starting line ups. My comments should read that when Union's first teams were on the turf the score was one touchdown each side.

I am especially looking forward to several of this fall's local gridiron contests; including Patrick Henry coming to John Burton and Science Hill coming to Union.

Best wishes to all our local teams. 

On 8/10/2023 at 1:06 AM, BKFootball said:

Must have watched two different scrimmages because the game I watched union scored against the betsy #3 defense.   Union offensive line was having major issues and the Wallon kid "J-train" as they call him absolutely ran all over them right up the middle.  I got to go with gate city being the sleeper school in mt7 Unions got a lot of work to do.

I don’t disagree with any of that. But it’s Elizabethton. They are a good barometer for what Union needs to work on and what Union does well with. 

On 8/10/2023 at 1:06 AM, BKFootball said:

Must have watched two different scrimmages because the game I watched union scored against the betsy #3 defense.   Union offensive line was having major issues and the Wallon kid "J-train" as they call him absolutely ran all over them right up the middle.  I got to go with gate city being the sleeper school in mt7 Unions got a lot of work to do.

I don’t consider GC being the sleeper they did beat us twice last season 

2 hours ago, Duke2015 said:

I don’t consider GC being the sleeper they did beat us twice last season 

Gate City has improved. These ain’t the Devils of 2017 or 18. 

Granted they ain’t the 2003 or 2010 Devils who won state this century. 

I honestly had a gut feeling last year that they may find a way to beat us before the regular season game. They were about overdue. My parents thought I was crazy.