Lebanon @ Central Scrimmage

Wade_1

Central’s varsity scored 4 total touchdowns. Lebanon scored 3. Reece threw the ball a lot, and threw for all three of Lebanon’s touchdowns. Central had some success running and throwing. Their qb is very fast. Both defenses gave up some big plays, but had promising moments as well.

We seem to have a completely new look offensively. Nothing like the Wing T run game as it has been the past couple of years. I don’t think we took a snap under center at all last night. The QB transfer from Maryland has awesome field awareness and fairly quick on his feet.

Both teams seemingly moved the ball down the field on each other. I think Central could stop the run game pretty well but kind of got picked apart through the air defensively with the exception of one pick six that would have been brought back by a penalty had it been a real game scenario.

The final tally was 5-3 Central with the Warriors varsity scoring 4 tds, all of Lebanons scores came from their varsity squad.

Looking forward to next weeks jamboree at Burton.

Wise central came out and just ran all over them. Centrals 1s where in two different times both times they scored, once on the 10 plays and once on down the distance.  Then 2s came in scored again, then 3s came in and scored twice more. Lebanon scored once against the 1s and once against the 2s I dont recall the third touchdown but they may have scored 3.  I feel like the warriors could have dominated them on offense and on defense with a 3 man front they had that qb out scrambling around the whole time.  I said it once I say it again Central or gate city going to be the sleeper schools.  Lebanon has a lot of stuff to work on up front they do have one quick WR and qb can throw but line is subject at best they may go 3rd in there district only because Richlands will go last. 

On 8/12/2023 at 1:33 PM, onewarrior2 said:

We seem to have a completely new look offensively. Nothing like the Wing T run game as it has been the past couple of years. I don’t think we took a snap under center at all last night

I dont remember Central being undercenter much last season when I saw them in person or on NFHS

17 hours ago, pakdastands said:

So can the new qb throw the ball? or is he a run first qb? and does he have any receivers?

I think he threw roughly 7 completed 5 of them 2 where for 30 yards are more and one for a touchdown. but he can move and when he kicks it into high gear he be hard to catch up with on Friday nights.  they do have a lot of skill guys a few that can really catch and make some good moves on there way to the endzone.

On 8/14/2023 at 12:28 AM, BKFootball said:

Wise central came out and just ran all over them. Centrals 1s where in two different times both times they scored, once on the 10 plays and once on down the distance.  Then 2s came in scored again, then 3s came in and scored twice more. Lebanon scored once against the 1s and once against the 2s I dont recall the third touchdown but they may have scored 3.  I feel like the warriors could have dominated them on offense and on defense with a 3 man front they had that qb out scrambling around the whole time.  I said it once I say it again Central or gate city going to be the sleeper schools.  Lebanon has a lot of stuff to work on up front they do have one quick WR and qb can throw but line is subject at best they may go 3rd in there district only because Richlands will go last. 

Sorry but scrimmages have very little bearing on where teams finish. They are pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things. That being said,  Lebanon will not finish 3rd in the SWD. They may beat Marion and Richlands. Virginia High most likely will finish  3rd. From what I understand they held their own and moved the ball on TN High Friday night. If they play that competitive against a team with double their enrollment then they should be really solid. As for Central, see how they do against Union, Abingdon,  Ridgeview before you say they are a sleeper. I say they finish 4th or 5th at best in the M7. 

46 minutes ago, Pioneer said:

Sorry but scrimmages have very little bearing on where teams finish. They are pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things. That being said,  Lebanon will not finish 3rd in the SWD. They may beat Marion and Richlands. Virginia High most likely will finish  3rd. From what I understand they held their own and moved the ball on TN High Friday night. If they play that competitive against a team with double their enrollment then they should be really solid. As for Central, see how they do against Union, Abingdon,  Ridgeview before you say they are a sleeper. I say they finish 4th or 5th at best in the M7. 

Well I think Va High plays Gate City one day this week we shall see if they are any good like you said scrimmages have very little bearing on where teams finish.

1 hour ago, Pioneer said:

Seems a little sore.  Abingdon should win the M7, they are 3A.  Union will probably win though.  Ridgeview lost a lot of starters.  They have a good QB but this seems like it might be a rebuild year.  I think the M7 will be competitive top to bottom.  Central, and Lee might surprise.