Marion at Central

BKFootball

59 minutes ago, Wolf1207 said:

Why in the world did they go to the spread?  The winged T was working great for them?  

Agreed.  They were a tough out with that offense and it was rolling. The spread takes a couple of years to implement…mostly due to reconfiguring your athletes.

4 hours ago, Wolf1207 said:

Why in the world did they go to the spread?  The winged T was working great for them?  

They still have the wing just lost the T. They made the move last year to shotgun all the time last season. I’m sure they did that because the Church kid at QB. They still run Buck Sweep and your normal wing T plays it just not under center.

8 hours ago, Jags52 said:

They still have the wing just lost the T. They made the move last year to shotgun all the time last season. I’m sure they did that because the Church kid at QB. They still run Buck Sweep and your normal wing T plays it just not under center.

That makes a lot more sense.  Even though they should do both the gun and under center.  I feel I Ike very few teams around here should be doing the spread.  

On 8/31/2023 at 9:35 AM, TripleThreat said:

I just realized you said almost exactly the same thing… ha

I meant cutting down on penalties, fumbles, drops, etc.  not the rest of that post