Radford guys

BigWinners

I went back and watched the 1994 playoff game between Powell Valley and Radford on YouTube. What do you guys remember about that night? It was 24-21, a great game. I think the Cats got Thomas Jones on the ground more than any high school team I’ve seen. A very good Radford team who coulda knocked off a very good PV team that would go back to back state champs. 

The 1994 game was the second week of the regular season, not a playoff game. I was home visiting for a few weeks and went to the game with some friends. I don't remember much about the game other than thinking I would like to see Thomas Jones and Raypheal Milton play against each other. 

Radford played my brothers Grayson team the following week. Radford finished that season 8-3 with 2 loses to Giles. 

4 hours ago, sixcat said:

The 1994 game was the second week of the regular season, not a playoff game. I was home visiting for a few weeks and went to the game with some friends. I don't remember much about the game other than thinking I would like to see Thomas Jones and Raypheal Milton play against each other. 

Radford played my brothers Grayson team the following week. Radford finished that season 8-3 with 2 loses to Giles. 

You’re right, the dates posted weren’t right. It was a very fast game, not a lot of passes until the very end to Zirkle that got PV in FG range. 

Milton was very very good. 

9 hours ago, sixcat said:

1994 was rough to GIles with injuries.  If not for them, may have had a PV/Giles, Appalachia/Narrows doubleheader that weekend in Big Stone.  That'd been a lot of fun.

2 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

1994 was rough to GIles with injuries.  If not for them, may have had a PV/Giles, Appalachia/Narrows doubleheader that weekend in Big Stone.  That'd been a lot of fun.

Did Narrows play Appalachia in BSG that year? That 1994 Appalachia team was absolutely NASTY good, they scored like 70 in the state title game. 

Yes, they did.  Lost 30-6 in the semi's. Appy scored once per quarter.  Their passing was what killed Narrows that day.  Travis Turner was a freshman and threw for over 200 and 3 of their 4 scores were from pass plays.  Had drives stall inside their red zone twice late to keep Narrows from getting back in it.  Gave 'em a game.  At least a better game than they got the next week.  Including the write up from the Roanoke TImes.

https://scholar.lib.vt.edu/VA-news/ROA-Times/issues/1994/rt9412/941204/12070090.htm

5 hours ago, SW_VA_boy said:

Yes, they did.  Lost 30-6 in the semi's. Appy scored once per quarter.  Their passing was what killed Narrows that day.  Travis Turner was a freshman and threw for over 200 and 3 of their 4 scores were from pass plays.  Had drives stall inside their red zone twice late to keep Narrows from getting back in it.  Gave 'em a game.  At least a better game than they got the next week.  Including the write up from the Roanoke TImes.

https://scholar.lib.vt.edu/VA-news/ROA-Times/issues/1994/rt9412/941204/12070090.htm

That’s an exciting game to watch from the recap, im gonna see if I can find it