Region D Transfers

MMcMahon26

It sounds like Eastside’s Azzy Hammons is headed to J.I. Burton. I know for at least the last two years, the BHC has released an article detailing all the transfers for the upcoming year, and it seems like a lot of them are in Region D. This is not to say that it only happens there, but I’m curious. Why does it happen so much out there, and is it a problem?

14 hours ago, stan.the.man said:

I think both schools have to sign off on the transfer for her to be able to play!!

Only if there is not a change of address. If there is a move associated with the transfer, the player is eligible immediately. 

15 minutes ago, appyvol said:

Only if there is not a change of address. If there is a move associated with the transfer, the player is eligible immediately. 

in season I think it has to be signed off on by both schools

12 minutes ago, stan.the.man said:

in season I think it has to be signed off on by both schools

It does, along with a VHSL review of academics prior to eligibility being granted. 

2 minutes ago, Observer said:

Anybody know if Hammons will be playing tonight against her old team?

Talking to a Burton basketball parent Wednesday and said he expects her to play tonight.  Burton just went back from Christmas break yesterday, so I think that was one thing that had to happen before she could play but I may be wrong there.  She was in warmups on the Burton bench Tuesday at the Cove.  

The Flores girl from upper east Tennessee started in the David Crockett system, transferred to Daniel Boone before her freshman season, transferred to Knoxville Catholic before the start of this her sophomore season, and now just this week has transferred back to Boone and is eligible to play for Boone beginning tomorrow.