Legacy

Jags52

40 minutes ago, 1inStripes said:

Its probably a pay cut moving from being a teacher/coach at Holston than it is to Lebanon though also which is one thing to consider.  Russell County I believe has one of the lower pay rates for teachers and coaching stipends.  I may be mistaken though.

Good point I just looked it up and didn’t realize how little teachers were paid in Russell. I couldn’t find the coaching stipend though 

49 minutes ago, Jags52 said:

Good point I just looked it up and didn’t realize how little teachers were paid in Russell. I couldn’t find the coaching stipend though 

Think head coaches only get an extra 2,000-3,500 per year depending on the sport 

On 1/11/2024 at 4:57 PM, Jags52 said:

In the wake of the greatest coach to ever coach college football retiring yesterday with out warning, I have a question for the board to give us something to talk about during the offseason.

if they stepped down tomorrow which current head coach in the area would have the best legacy? Not talking about the legions from years past. This has to be someone who was the head coach last football season. 

Being from Alabama myself I need something else to talk about beside Saban stepping down.

I'm not an Alabama fan but I did become a Saban fan. He was great for college football and he adapted as the game kept changing around him. I admire the job he did having to replace coordinators on a yearly basis. I enjoyed watching his teams play but I did notice that he didn't seem to have the same fire in him the last couple of years. He said it was a constant grind and I also think NIL got to him but the man is like 72 years old.

On 1/18/2024 at 3:48 PM, Hokie Bound said:

I'm not an Alabama fan but I did become a Saban fan. He was great for college football and he adapted as the game kept changing around him. I admire the job he did having to replace coordinators on a yearly basis. I enjoyed watching his teams play but I did notice that he didn't seem to have the same fire in him the last couple of years. He said it was a constant grind and I also think NIL got to him but the man is like 72 years old.

I’ve read NIL is getting to a lot of coaches, but it’s been in the SEC the whole time Sagan was there.  The transfer portal on the other hand is the big game changer.  It’s basically made frequency a 12 month thing in CFB.