Games Remaining:

GC vs Central Tonight

Abingdon vs Lee Thursday

Abingdon vs GC Friday

Ridgeview vs Central Friday

Union vs Lee Friday

There are still many scenarios for 1-4. 

1 minute ago, BSG Historian said:

How big is David Crockett's technical foul call against Paul Huff looking now? Union would've won the regular season by virtue of the tiebreak without that fiasco.

When did this happen?

First time Union and GC met, ended up being a 4-5 point possession for GC in the second half. They won the game by one point if memory serves. Other than Wise, Union has dominated everyone else in the league.

2 hours ago, BSG Historian said:

First time Union and GC met, ended up being a 4-5 point possession for GC in the second half. They won the game by one point if memory serves. Other than Wise, Union has dominated everyone else in the league.

yet they lost to wise 3 times,  unbelievable!!!    

Blue devels beat central again by one devels got a few calls go there way a few time and central couldn't get any at the end it is what it is.

8 hours ago, Brs88 said:

Blue devels beat central again by one devels got a few calls go there way a few time and central couldn't get any at the end it is what it is.

Watched it on nfhs. How did they not call a walk when there was 4 seconds left? The kid slid about 4 feet with the ball in his hands 

1 hour ago, Stelley said:

Watched it on nfhs. How did they not call a walk when there was 4 seconds left? The kid slid about 4 feet with the ball in his hands 

It's not a travel until you roll over.

25 minutes ago, Observer said:

It's not a travel until you roll over.

Copied from NFHS............

Art. 7. It is traveling when a player falls to the playing court while holding the ball without maintaining a pivot foot.

It's impossible to maintain a pivot foot while sliding down the floor. 

2 hours ago, Stelley said:

I wondered the same thing.  Horrible non call.  

Wise Central's girls didn't fare too well when they came to the TAC a couple weeks ago, maybe the Gate City boys will have a similar fate on Saturday when they pay a visit.

Gate City did beat Boone pretty handily though last week, and Boone beat us both times, so I'm not holding my breath. 

47 minutes ago, jwgarrett20 said:

I wondered the same thing.  Horrible non call.  

The horrible non call in that situation is the missed trip by Horne who tried to draw a foul by flopping.

55 minutes ago, Observer said:

The horrible non call in that situation is the missed trip by Horne who tried to draw a foul by flopping.

Also saw that. Didn’t trip anyone. I think it was a flop but I also think there was enough contact for there to be an offensive foul called. Also didn’t have anything to do with the guy sliding and rolling on the floor. 2 out of the 3 refs were also the crew that also had a horrible non walk call during the Leb and Union game when Anderson took 8 steps with the ball when there was 8 seconds left. A game which Lebanon lost by one

Can we all agree that the two teams representing region D will be decided by the refs and who decides to show up and play in the region tourney. There is no margin. There are 6 teams that I see could earn the state birth. GC, Graham, Va high, Central, Union, Lebanon. 

I also wouldn't be shocked if Marion or RV upset one of them either. 

20 minutes ago, Stelley said:

Also saw that. Didn’t trip anyone. I think it was a flop but I also think there was enough contact for there to be an offensive foul called. Also didn’t have anything to do with the guy sliding and rolling on the floor. 2 out of the 3 refs were also the crew that also had a horrible non walk call during the Leb and Union game when Anderson took 8 steps with the ball when there was 8 seconds left. A game which Lebanon lost by one

Not sure what you were looking at, but there is clearly a flop by Horne and his foot trips McMurray. That in itself should have been a foul. Btw I don’t have a horse in the race. 

1 hour ago, Observer said:

I would agree that the trip was missed as well, and that was a terrible flop.  But you can't see a kid slide on his stomach that far with the ball and not call a travel.  Maybe they didn't call the travel because they weren't going to reward the flop.  Who knows?  But one thing is for certain, refs aren't that great in SWVA basketball.

5 hours ago, Stelley said:

Watched it on nfhs. How did they not call a walk when there was 4 seconds left? The kid slid about 4 feet with the ball in his 

Seen that ref on that side bolt as soon as the horn blew lol

3 hours ago, Observer said:

Not sure what you were looking at, but there is clearly a flop by Horne and his foot trips McMurray. That in itself should have been a foul. Btw I don’t have a horse in the race. 

Was watching it on nfhs and we all know how terribly pixelated the cameras are. Don’t have a horse in it either.