SWVA Playoffs? Predictions?

PunkParanoia

I am going to try and catch the Grundy vs. FC game and the Graham vs. MV game since it is on Saturday. The FC game looks to be a good matchup by the numbers, probably the best game in the first round. Anyone else going to both?

Any of you guys think Richlands has a chance against Magna V?

I'm going to go with:

Graham 42- 14 over MV

FC 32 - 28 over Grundy

Magna V 24 - 12 over Richlands

Abingdon 21 - 14 over Carrol County in the upset of the week (year).

Well, I'm obviously a Region C guy but here goes nothing:

Graham 44, Martinsville 10: Lack of offense keeps Martinsville out.

Grundy 27, Fieldale-Collinsville 13: For some reason I like Grundy's D to step in this one.

Magna Vista 20, Richlands 16: Magna Vista has plenty of playoff experience when it comes to playing at home.

Carroll Co. 31, Abingdon 17: Jordan Johnson will get his yards but so will both of Carroll's backs.

Richlands has definitely got a chance but that long drive doesn't help and playing in the "Hole" will absolutely boost the Warrior's along with the planned pep rally friday!!! The guys are getting pumped for what will more than likely be their last season as Warrior's and they are looking to go out with a bang. If they come to play 48 min. god help Richlands, but if they come out flat in the first like they did in many of their games in the begining of the season this may be one that goes down to the wire. From what I understand Richlands has problems with speed and the Warrior's have plenty of it on both sides of the ball. They are going to have to stop tail back Quenton Preston who has racked up 1184 yards on the ground in only 100 carries and fullback Wes Smallwood who has stepped in with the absence on senior Darick Thomas due to shoulder injuries and in about 6 games if you count the ones that he was put in after Darick did his thing he rushed for 431 yards on 66 carries while his counterpart, Thomas rushed for 290 yards on 41 carries. Their are too many speedy weapons from MV to talk about, but it's just a matter of who wants it more and who comes out ready to play!!!! I'm not giving a score predictions till friday!!!!

I actually got to make it to that scrimmage and it was actually a decent scrimmage between Graham and MV. It was pretty much when both teams were still trying to find a line so the only plays were "big" plays. One from Bradshaw and one from Preston from Magna Vista. Both are lightning fast but I would definitely have to throw the edge to Bradshaw because of his physical play, but I think most people from Graham who saw Preston play will admit he's a pretty good back!!!

My predictions for the games are:

Grundy 34 FC 12(I have been watching the game film from Bassett and they dont seem that impressive)

Graham 41 Martinsville 22

Magna Vista 20 Richlands 21 Yeahhhppp could be an upset a brewing ooo.gif

Carroll County 38 Abingdon 14

<font color="800000">A Southwest District sweep???? Dang Jimmy...I'd love to see but I don't think I would have predicted it! grin.gif I just hope our boys get to meet again next week at Mitchell Stadium! Good luck to your brothers this week! </font>

I might be able to respond to most of this. I have the Magna Vista @ FC film and from what I saw they stack one side of the line going double tight with a wing back and a power I. They run different formations but most of them are just slam it up between the tackles. Pretty much it's common sense. Whichever side is overloaded, that's where they are going, you just have to stop them. They aren't that big but they hold their blocks and the backs are lightning fast. Grundy won't beat them with speed but they have a chance if they just start laying the wood to them!!!

<font color="800000"> That sounds exactly like the offensive set that Patrick Co. used against Graham last year in the playoffs. They lined up in an I-formation with an eight man unbalanced line which was butt-cheek to butt-cheek tight and just tried to ram it between the tackles all night.

They run an occasional sweep and what I noticed on film was that they put one of the other backs, since they ran predominately with 3 backs in different formations in the backfield, into motion to the side it was going to and they used him as sort of a lead blocker. It was pretty interesting to watch their offense on the game film just to see some of the stuff they were doing!

I think it is going to be tough for Grundy to go in a beat FC,if Grundy sticks to thier game plan and keeps it on the ground I think it will be a good game,but if they go away from the run early,I think it will be a long night the Wave..Good luck to all swd teams friday and saturday.. laugh.gif

Not really, if they come to play and control the line of scrimmage which is going to be a must then they have a chance. The Warriors are a fast team and if Richlands can't beat them off of the ball, GOOD LUCK!!!!! Just my opinion but I also think this one will be a fairly close ball game. I don't see Richlands laying down after that romping of Lebanon!!!!