What??? VT ranked AHEAD of WVU...that cant' be!!!

GMan

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

Week 14 USA Today Poll

1. Ohio State (63) 12-0 1,575

2. USC 10-1 1,491

3. Michigan 11-1 1,445

4. Florida 11-1 1,405

5. LSU 10-2 1,255

6. Wisconsin 11-1 1,221

7. Louisville 10-1 1,169

8. Arkansas 10-2 1,042

9. Boise State 12-0 1,018

10. Oklahoma 10-2 994

11. Auburn 10-2 985

12. Notre Dame 10-2 928

13. Rutgers 10-1 777

14. Virginia Tech 10-2 744

15. West Virginia 9-2 668

16. Wake Forest 10-2 607

17. Texas 9-3 596

18. Nebraska 9-3 523

19. Tennessee 9-3 434

20. California 8-3 343

21. Brigham Young 10-2 339

22. Georgia Tech 9-3 259

23. Hawaii 10-2 203

24. Texas A&M 9-3 202

25. Boston College 9-3 138

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES

TCU 41, Houston 19, Oregon State 16, Georgia 15, Penn State 8, Maryland 7, Clemson 6, South Carolina 2.

DROPPED FROM RANKINGS

Clemson 24.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

chokies? Why would u call virginia tech that when west virginia has choke on every oppertunity to play in the national championship and now there not even going to win the big east. who is south flordia anyway? lol

[ QUOTE ]

i would love that too

can you say mountainqueers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one!

NOT, that was pretty lame.

I think it would be a good game, but VT would have to have a great day offensively to beat WVU. VT has a great defense, but WVU would still put up 20 on them.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

chokies? Why would u call virginia tech that when west virginia has choke on every oppertunity to play in the national championship and now there not even going to win the big east. who is south flordia anyway? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Who is south florida? Probably one of the most up and coming teams in the nation. They destroyed Louisville last year and have 8 wins on the year. They aren't a bad team.

You honesty think VT can beat WVU this season?

I hope it really does now...There are going to be alot of sad people on this board if it does. WVU will OWN VT

Chokies? i can say that. They've been ranked #3 two years in a row and we've beat them. So yes, i said chokies, get over it

[ QUOTE ]

Chokies? i can say that. They've been ranked #3 two years in a row and we've beat them. So yes, i said chokies, get over it

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Tech has beaten WVU the last two times they played. Including 2004 when WVU came into Blacksburg highly ranked, #6, and got beaten. And I'm not sure I'd be calling Tech chokies when WVU started the season preseason top 4 and have no fallen to #15. The last two times WVU has been highly ranked entering a season they've fallen on their faces by the end of the season, 2004 and now 2006. So you have absolutely no legs to stand on in making such remarks when your team has done no better.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

yea but they arent suppose to beat a so called national championship team like almighty west virginia. west virginia's defence is horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like Oregon State wasn't suppose to beat possible National Champs USC?? Don't you know that anything can happen in sports??? Yes West Va SHOULD have beat them just like VT SHOULD have beat WVU in 2003 when they were #3 and WVU was 2-4.

[ QUOTE ]

Rules, im wrong about many things. But im telling you right here and right now. If wvu playes Tech in a bowl. It will be emberrasing for tech fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd love to see it happen, but it won't. In all likelihood the Hokies are heading to the Chil-a-fil Bowl (former Peach Bowl) in Atlanta. If they do happen to meet I'd love to put a wager on the game though and since you're so sure WVU will embarrass Tech I'm sure you'd be willing to give me some points right?

[ QUOTE ]

I would love WVU to play VT in the gator bowl. Can you say chokies???

[/ QUOTE ]

For team that was expected to win no more than eight games this year but finished with a 10-2 record is not one I would call "chokies"...the only "chokie" I've seen is from a team that was ranked in the Top 5 and talking about a BCS Championship game berth earlier this season...then along comes Looserville, then that power from Florida...no, not Miami, not Florida St., not even the Gators...but the BULLS of South Florida...at home...now THAT is a choke...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For team that was expected to win no more than eight games this year but finished with a 10-2 record is not one I would call "chokies"...the only "chokie" I've seen is from a team that was ranked in the Top 5 and talking about a BCS Championship game berth earlier this season...then along comes Looserville, then that power from Florida...no, not Miami, not Florida St., not even the Gators...but the BULLS of South Florida...at home...now THAT is a choke...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea the other two Florida powers are in the ACC. LOL South Florida would beat Florida St. and Miami this year.

[ QUOTE ]

Rules, im wrong about many things. But im telling you right here and right now. If wvu playes Tech in a bowl. It will be emberrasing for tech fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got to be kidding!!! WVU's defense is terrible...they'd make VT's offense look like a juggernaut. Offensively, WVU has TWO players...and one of them can't hold on to the ball...a one-man team has ZERO chance against VT's defense...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL South Florida would beat Florida St. and Miami this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeh, just like Marshall could beat WVU this season, or UVA could beat VT this season...its all the same, the little brother can always talk a good game but when it comes to put up or shut up, it gets real quite...

we also have OWEN SCHMIDT!!!...WVU's Defense is bad. but they would stop Virginia Tech's pathetic excuse of an offense.. Gman why do you start stupid crap like this anyway? and at least we never fell out of the top 25..

i don't care much for either team...it'd be a good game to watch..tech's defense is a shut down D, they've gave up like 26 points in the last 5 games or so. they're playing up to potential now and sean glennon is improving...there's a good chance VT would win...but theres also a good chance WVU would too...but it looks like it's not gonna happen anyway

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

dang where did you go to high school?

obviously, you didn't get a good education.

that was completely illegible.

oh and illegible means not able to be read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Internet cool guy calling out people about their education because of typing errors. Grow up GHS06

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch it, everyone knows Florida is the land where only Gators get out alive! I hope all the Florida State fans enjoy San Francisco. Cover that tight end!