What??? VT ranked AHEAD of WVU...that cant' be!!!

GMan

You had Slayton and White last year when VT thumped WVU. If South Florida can whip up on WVU I guarantee the Hokies can handle them. WVU's defense is pathetic and VT's is NO 1 in the entire country. VT's special teams are much better. This would be no contest.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

who is south florida...Well they are they bulls..They came out of the contest with a 8-3 record, a good football team, no not great but a good team..No they are not Temple going into Blacksburg as in 98 oh man how did that slip out...temple was a power house that year..lo...back to the bulls...Hey wvu lost so be it but lost to a good team.

I think the Gator Bowl people would be stupid for not trying to get this matchup. A guaranteed sellout the way the fans of both teams follow. Also it would be an outstanding matchup with the tech defense and WVU offense.

all you have to do is throw the ball on WVUs defense their defensive backs are horrible. if tech does play them all theyd do is spread them out and pass short then go deep..hardly ever run the ball with the inexperienced corners and dbs of west virginia.

[ QUOTE ]

I think the Gator Bowl people would be stupid for not trying to get this matchup. A guaranteed sellout the way the fans of both teams follow. Also it would be an outstanding matchup with the tech defense and WVU offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Gator Bowl has become VT's home away from home. They've been there about 6 times in 12 years plus the ACC Championship was played there last year. The fans are getting tired of going there every year and the Gator Bowl knows that. Expect VT to go to Atlanta

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The Gator Bowl has become VT's home away from home. They've been there about 6 times in 12 years plus the ACC Championship was played there last year. The fans are getting tired of going there every year and the Gator Bowl knows that. Expect VT to go to Atlanta

[/ QUOTE ]

WVU also has that same problem with the Gator Bowl. They have been their alot recently. Money talks though and it especially talks in college football.

"I think it would be a good game, but VT would have to have a great day offensively to beat WVU. VT has a great defense, but WVU would still put up 20 on them."

This quote made for my biggest laugh of the day, WVU didnt put up 20 points on South Flordia why would they be able to against the number 1 ranked defense in the country.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i would love that too

can you say mountainqueers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one!

NOT, that was pretty lame.

I think it would be a good game, but VT would have to have a great day offensively to beat WVU. VT has a great defense, but WVU would still put up 20 on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take away the running game and WVU is average at best.

[ QUOTE ]

The Peach Bowl (it'll always be the Peach Bowl to me) picks before the Gator Bowl does and all signs point toward them taking Tech.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats about the most useless information ive ever heard...all teams should be GREATFUL that theyve been Blessed to make a Bowl game..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The Peach Bowl (it'll always be the Peach Bowl to me) picks before the Gator Bowl does and all signs point toward them taking Tech.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats about the most useless information ive ever heard...all teams should be GREATFUL that theyve been Blessed to make a Bowl game..

[/ QUOTE ]

That's about the most pointless post I've ever read. It makes zero sense in reference to my post about which bowl picks before the other. And what exactly does "greatful" mean? I know what grateful means, but I've never seen or heard the word "greatful" before. Does it mean full of greatness?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's about the most pointless post I've ever read. It makes zero sense in reference to my post about which bowl picks before the other. And what exactly does "greatful" mean? I know what grateful means, but I've never seen or heard the word "greatful" before. Does it mean full of greatness?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im Sorry, your bragging on a bowl and it shouldnt matter they should be THANKFULL or a bowl game..and im sorry that im an average person, not an almighty moderator like you..youve got way to much time on your hands pal..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i would love that too

can you say mountainqueers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice one!

NOT, that was pretty lame.

I think it would be a good game, but VT would have to have a great day offensively to beat WVU. VT has a great defense, but WVU would still put up 20 on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take away the running game and WVU is average at best.

[/ QUOTE ]

Put the pads on Slaton and he is average at best.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Im Sorry, your bragging on a bowl and it shouldnt matter they should be THANKFULL or a bowl game..and im sorry that im an average person, not an almighty moderator like you..youve got way to much time on your hands pal..

[/ QUOTE ]

Whose bragging? You have a warped sense of perception. I simply stated what is fact and what will likely happen. The Chick-fil-A Bowl gets to pick ahead of the Gator Bowl and as such it's highly unlikely that Tech plays WVU in the Gator Bowl. But I guess I should be "greatful" that you put me in my place right? lol

Ya know. all of y ou guys are hoping that VT and WVU will see each other in a bowl game but you all have failed to realize the fact that WVU still has to play Rutgers who are STILL winning. VT is on a winning streak despite their offensive struggles, however they have more weapons than just 2 players. VT is already known for stopping tandems. Just ask Clemson. WVU is a good team BUT when they have to resort to passing they fail. So lets be realistic about this, it seems to me as though WVU has been the one choking. In my opinion, which doesnt matter much to some, would still be undefeated if they would have had a FULL and healthy team when they played Boston College and Georgia Tech. In the last 4 games VT has had a full roster despite losing Branden Ore in the Wake Forest Game. They had 2 guys step up and take the reigns and lead them to victory. If White and Slaton go down, who will step up? NO ONE! SO who will win if Slaton and WHite are stopped? I think the answer if obvious. grin.gif

Guest JJBrickface

You obviously didn't watch the Pitt game when WVU threw for 200 yards in the first half. Yeah if you stop WVU's run then you have a great opportunity to beat them but that goes with any team. If you make a team one dimensional you have the better chance to win. Thats football.