BEST D"S

marshallman

[ QUOTE ]

let me have a crack at this.Graham had a good defense but wasn't consistent all year.There is another thread somewhere about richlands offense against their defense and people were saying the offense would dominate.but would richlands defense hold the offense under 40 points?i dont believe they could,i think they would wear down in the later part of the game.Grahams defense had Richlands behind twice this year,could Richlands defense do that?no.I think Graham had the best defense Richlands will see this year.If Grahams defense wouldve played all year like they played in the first quarter against Richlands last week who knows what they wouldve accomplished.But thats a big if.And one question i have.Can anyone believe its about over already?seemed like a quick season to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

AHHH finally someone with good sense! EXACTELY!!

Well said ghs84.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but I don't see the logic in saying a team that was beat 33-9 and 31-14 has a better defense than the team that beat them. Graham has a good defense without a doubt but Richlands' offense still managed 64 points despite repeatedly shooting themselves in the foot in both games. As inspired as Graham was Friday night they were never going to beat Richlands without a lot of help from Richlands.

Give Credit where credit is due for once!

Graham forced all of those turnovers Friday night!

It's the offense of Richlands not the defense that puts pressure on the other team to score.

Sure the Richlands defense is really good but if you run up against like Graham's defense with an Offense to go with it, I think Richlands is in trouble much like last year with Tuner Ashby.

Richland had the ball and many opportunities to score due to Grahams lack of Offense. I think they should have stuck to the BONE a little myself and stayed out of that dang Shotgun stuff.

If Richlands runs into a team that can sustain drives they will be in trouble. Teams in this area aren't capable of doing it but teams up the road might be able to from Region I or II

Now in saying that I wish Richlands the best of luck, by all means bring it home to Region IV.

Yeah, I think the heart of this years team, and to be honest the heart of the entire program at Richlands is the defense. They are the best defense I have seen this year. That’s my vote anyway.

[ QUOTE ]

Give Credit where credit is due for once!

Graham forced all of those turnovers Friday night!

It's the offense of Richlands not the defense that puts pressure on the other team to score.

Sure the Richlands defense is really good but if you run up against like Graham's defense with an Offense to go with it, I think Richlands is in trouble much like last year with Tuner Ashby.

Richland had the ball and many opportunities to score due to Grahams lack of Offense. I think they should have stuck to the BONE a little myself and stayed out of that dang Shotgun stuff.

If Richlands runs into a team that can sustain drives they will be in trouble. Teams in this area aren't capable of doing it but teams up the road might be able to from Region I or II

Now in saying that I wish Richlands the best of luck, by all means bring it home to Region IV.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you say Graham forced all of those turnovers? Two of them were bad snaps. So did a Graham lineman reach across and hit the ball before it got to the QB. How about the muffed punt? Is that really a forced turnover... I think those would be under the label of "unforced errors". I'm not saying that Graham dint play well on defense, but how can you say they are better than Richlands when we beat them TWICE?

Ok, so pressure by blitzing doesn't cause bad snaps?

Sure it does!

The pressure Graham brought forced bad snaps, fumbles and an INT. They even stripped a few causing fumbles.

I never said that Graham was the better team by no means are they better!

IMO they have a better defense.

[ QUOTE ]

Sure it does!

The pressure Graham brought forced bad snaps, fumbles and an INT. They even stripped a few causing fumbles.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO blitzing shouldn't cause bad snaps. Bad snaps are caused by mental errors, and have nothing to do with the opposition. I agree pressure can cause interceptions and fumbles, but a bad snap happens before the play even starts, and is only a result of the center making a mistake.

So IMO Graham does not have a better deffense. But I guess I can respect your opinion that they do.

I think the Richlands defense wins hands down. When a team has 6 total turnovers in a game and the opposing team only scores twice(and one was a fumble that went in the endzone recovered by the other team-resulting in a score). Which in all actualty is a score on Richlands offense and the second score from offensive error. So the end result is Graham scores "0" times on Richlands defense and Richlands scores "5" times on Graham defense which I feel speaks volumes for the "BEST" defense.

[ QUOTE ]

I think the Richlands defense wins hands down. When a team has 6 total turnovers in a game and the opposing team only scores twice(and one was a fumble that went in the endzone recovered by the other team-resulting in a score). Which in all actualty is a score on Richlands offense and the second score from offensive error. So the end result is Graham scores "0" times on Richlands defense and Richlands scores "5" times on Graham defense which I feel speaks volumes for the "BEST" defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you!!!..as somebody might say..finally your giving "CREDIT WHEN IT IS DUE" Richlands Deserves the credit for the win against Graham...So Give the credit VHSdevil as you would like to say..

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Sure it does!

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO blitzing shouldn't cause bad snaps. Bad snaps are caused by mental errors, and have nothing to do with the opposition. I agree pressure can cause interceptions and fumbles, but a bad snap happens before the play even starts, and is only a result of the center making a mistake.

So IMO Graham does not have a better deffense. But I guess I can respect your opinion that they do.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOUR RIGHT BLITZING SHOULDN'T CAUSE BAD SNAPS!

But it does if the linemen is trying to snap it quick or snaps it thinking more about whats coming at him.

[ QUOTE ]

Thank you!!!..as somebody might say..finally your giving "CREDIT WHEN IT IS DUE" Richlands Deserves the credit for the win against Graham...So Give the credit VHSdevil as you would like to say..

[/ QUOTE ]

I have given Richlands credit guys...Richlands is the better team! I have said over and over how good Richlands is. You guys read what you want to read is all!

IMO Graham has a better DEFENSE not TEAM...DEFENSE!

These forums are for opinions and I'm giving mine but you fellas don't seem to like it if someone doesn't give your team the props you think they deserve.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Sure it does!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YOUR RIGHT BLITZING SHOULDN'T CAUSE BAD SNAPS!

But it does if the linemen is trying to snap it quick or snaps it thinking more about whats coming at him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, it is caused by what the center is thinking about, not what the defence does. Every center has to worry about what is coming at him after the snap. Do you not think the Graham center was thinking about the blues blitz everytime? I'm sure he was, he just didnt let him get to him. So i guess the muffed punt was caused by the Graham's special team, because the returner was pressured because they were running after him. This happens every snap. Every snap the other team is rushing the back field, and the center has to snap the ball and block. Just like on every punt return the returner has to catch the ball and run without thinking about getting hit by the opposing team. Its when the player starts to think about it too much that mental errors happen.

[ QUOTE ]

Exactly, it is caused by what the center is thinking about, not what the defence does. Every center has to worry about what is coming at him after the snap. Do you not think the Graham center was thinking about the blues blitz everytime? I'm sure he was, he just didnt let him get to him. So i guess the muffed punt was caused by the Graham's special team, because the returner was pressured because they were running after him. This happens every snap. Every snap the other team is rushing the back field, and the center has to snap the ball and block. Just like on every punt return the returner has to catch the ball and run without thinking about getting hit by the opposing team. Its when the player starts to think about it too much that mental errors happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

SEE WHAT I MEAN!

WHO WAS TALKING ABOUT PUNTS AND PUNT RETURNS. YOU GUYS READ WHAT YOU WANNA READ. I HAVE NOT A CLUE HOW YOU READ PUNTS INTO THE COVERSATION.

The turnover your talking about came on mis-communication between #7 and the other kid back there.

What that has do to with defense is beyond me...but ok bud your right! Whatever you say! SHEW! haha

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SEE WHAT I MEAN!

WHO WAS TALKING ABOUT PUNTS AND PUNT RETURNS. YOU GUYS READ WHAT YOU WANNA READ. I HAVE NOT A CLUE HOW YOU READ PUNTS INTO THE COVERSATION.

The turnover your talking about came on mis-communication between #7 and the other kid back there.

What that has do to with defense is beyond me...but ok bud your right! Whatever you say! SHEW! haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont you have a class to teach or something? THe Fleecing of America!

The Richlands center took a hit to the helmet early in the game and had problems hearing McCracken the entire first half. They weren't bad snaps, they just came at the wrong time. That information was given to me by his father at halftime.

grahams d is good, but these are things that the blues have not done all year. Yea they may have caused a few of those mistakes, but certainly not all of them. Six turnovers the punt return was a mixup between caleb and ben. Not caused by graham. INT right through fullers hands into graham defender. Not caused by graham. The bad snaps were coming from the noise of the graham band and fans. Mance said that in an interview after the game. They put in a silent snap count at halftime which corrected the problem. It had nothing to do with grahams blitz. He was just snapping it before he was supposed to. Therefore not caused by grahams defense. The other three were stripped by the graham defense which was a good job by them. All that being said i believe their defenses are pretty close. Everyone has their opinion, but i have to go with the blues for two reasons. Head to head matchup and points allowed. That is the only predictor between two great defenses.

[ QUOTE ]

The D's Fatboy got in High School P.E. class had to be the best ones. Everyone knows the only A he got was in tumbling. Then they made him start wearing a hat, so they could tell if he was walking or rolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.