Weir

strapiton

All I know is that it's 315 miles by bus from Bluefield.It's only 285 miles for them to drive to Detroit and play the Lions and from what I saw Friday they would enjoy the ride home from Detroit a lot more.

Record 8-2

Avg 25 pts game

Give up 19 a game

Defeated opp. record 27-51(34.6%)

Lost to Brooke and Wheeling Cent

They not only lost to Brooke and Wheeling Central, but were dominated in both games. It's a team Bluefield should beat if the Beavers come out focused and play their game. However, as we all know, anything can happen.

Bluefield and Weir last met in the 1995 or 1996, I forgot which year, AA playoffs. Bluefield won rather easily over a Quincy Wilson (WVU's RB) led Weir squad that day at Mitchell Stadium...

<font color="brown"> '97 semis, bluefield's undefeated season with the exceptional d. Bluefield was 1 of the few if not the only high school teams to ever "contain" quincy wilson, he did well though, with around 150 some yards.

That game is 1 of my best all time bluefield beaver football memories.

</font>

Even though I am not a WVU supporter by any means, I will be the first to admitt Quincy Wilson is the truth. It must have been a treat to see him play high school football, especially against Bluefield.

In my opinion weir could potentially be a hard game for bluefield. They have some athletes and a passing game that has to be respected, as well as quickness on d.

Everyone from around here has been classy overall, but hopefully, there's still more focus on the 2nd round from the team and students.

They "must" continue to play with the enthusiasm and as good as a team as they have been. Upsets happen, even a week after a team seems as strong as bluefield did against oak hill.

They have to go out and continue to earn it and perform even harder each week. Now is the time for them to step it up another notch..

Weir has a 300+ lb linemen who towers above everyone else in the 6'5"-6'9" range. THey also have a 250 lb. 6'4" fullback who is the majority of their ground attack. I've also heard reports of them having a good wideout as well.