"Boards back up" Thoughts on Graham and Grundy &

franchise

Grundy came to play (would not have expected any less).

Grahams line on both sides of the ball has improved so much, they need alot of credit. The "D" is becoming a major factor in games as of late also. I like the fact that AB gives credit to his blockers in every interview. What can you say about #2, he is very special................

Looking very forward to Nov 6th. Go G-MEN smile.gif

Aren't you a happy little trooper today. What's the matter won't Martin let you off from work early, so you're playing on the computer on Thanksgiving Wednesday? Grundy plays hard. Grundy came to play. Grundy plays tough. Grund................. hey man, it's WRASLIN' season in Grundy. So please give it a rest about them. Sitting at the stadium last Friday, you made the comment that Grundy is the FOURTH best team in this district. That was and is true. The final margin was 25 points, and remember one thing. EVERYBODY plays their hardest against Graham. Hell we make Beaver look like the Packers every August. So please stop apologizing to Grundy and get on with your road trip on Saturday. If I could get my family out of town I would have gone with you. By the way, you might as well buy a 50/50 ticket down there too, you've financed every other team in this area for twenty years. Might as well include Gretna.

It was a great game for a half and then the youth of grundy just showed in the second half. Next year though all those talking how Grundy is a joke will have to eat those words when nine starters return on both sides of the ball and I have a feeling a 10th grade Garon Marcum (1,200 yards rushing, 8+ yards per carry) will put up big numbers as a junior(afterall bradshaw didnt even start doing things until he was a junior if I am correct)and Aaron Marcum will finally be a senior. No excuses for this Grundy team not to be the best one ever.

Bradshaw actually did plenty as a Soph., but there were other upperclassmen like Paco Jones who got the ball much more often. Anyway, Grundy should have a good team next year. One thing I noticed is a lack of players however. Seemed like the numbers are down from a few years back or do they not dress as freshmen?

Oh yeah, you asked me a question about attending the Bluefield Westside game. How rude of me not to reply in my last post.

It was very cold, snowy, windy, my freind G-Man got held up somewhere with heat and DID NOT show up. By the way, how did Gretna look?

The original term "Dog Soldier" was used in describing the Native American warriors who fought so fiercely. The term has often been confused with the African-American soldiers who were known as "Buffalo Soldiers". The term has progressed through history and is now a reference to any soldier who will battle to the death.

(That's my best Cliff Claven imitation...you remember him, the mailman from Cheers)

Ah yes, Friday night...HEAT...heat good, snow bad! grin.gif