It's starting to break: Rodriguez headed to 'Bama.

To simply call this a case of a man looking out for himself and his family is naive in itself.

The only thing this whole can be called is a circus at best. College football is an out of control mess that has been put on a runaway path for ABC/ESPN and the rest of the media.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Players don't already have $1 million a year plus coming in as a salary either when they make the jump. Can't compare apples to oranges.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are absolutely right. The way the situation has been handled is what has made it really so bad. Coach Rod decided to get on the radio station and say he wasn't leaving. Coach Rod decided to tell Steve Slaton he wasn't leaving. If he wants to better his financial situation then ok, but you don't sell out like he did by supposely lying.

[ QUOTE ]

To simply call this a case of a man looking out for himself and his family is naive in itself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me? The (media) circus was caused by someone within the WVU athletic department. That leak, which put him on the spot, probably helped make the decision easier.

"College football coach" is a job. If a lawyer gets a better offer from another firm... should he turn it down? What about a doctor? There isn't a single person here who doesn't put himself and his family before his employer. And maybe some of you are too young to understand, because you think you're going to live forever, but Rodriguez isn't only thinking about the present. He's thinking about his family being taken care of after he's gone.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me? The (media) circus was caused by someone within the WVU athletic department. That leak, which put him on the spot, probably helped make the decision easier.

"College football coach" is a job. If a lawyer gets a better offer from another firm... should he turn it down? What about a doctor? There isn't a single person here who doesn't put himself and his family before his employer. And maybe some of you are too young to understand, because you think you're going to live forever, but Rodriguez isn't only thinking about the present. He's thinking about his family being taken care of after he's gone.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's gonna stay.

Do you honestly think Rich Rod's family is starving? And I am sure his family is quite set for when his life passes. It's not like the rest of us who worry about changing jobs over healthcare coverage cost issues or trying to squeeze out an extra $4-$5k a year. That there is trying to survive and help your family. Not trying to blackmail your own university into giving you and your coaches a few hundred more thousand a year in salary. Puhhlease. I have no pitty for Rich Rod. Don't even talk to me about looking out for my family just because you have a few more years on me.

I really don't care who started the circus. I just stated it was a circus and all parties involved are to blame.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Do you honestly think Rich Rod's family is starving? And I am sure his family is quite set for when his life passes. It's not like the rest of us who worry about changing jobs over healthcare coverage cost issues or trying to squeeze out an extra $4-$5k a year. That there is trying to survive and help your family. Not trying to blackmail your own university into giving you and your coaches a few hundred more thousand a year in salary. Puhhlease. I have no pitty for Rich Rod. Don't even talk to me about looking out for my family just because you have a few more years on me.

I really don't care who started the circus. I just stated it was a circus and all parties involved are to blame.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything you are saying but he is going to stay.

It's appears that way. At least it should be known in 30 minutes or less with the 3pm deadline looming.

'Bama would be the death sentance for his coaching career.

If he stays it won't be about more money for himself or taking care of his family though. WVU, like VT has been doing, needs facilities to compete with big time programs to get the players in there. That's what it was about all along. 'Bama has facilities. WVU needs them and RR wanted them there. He was going to get them one way or the other.

'Bama is about to get done to it what Beamer did to UNC several years ago except in a more widely publicized way.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

It's appears that way. At least it should be known in 30 minutes or less with the 3pm deadline looming.

'Bama would be the death sentance for his coaching career.

If he stays it won't be about more money for himself or taking care of his family though. WVU, like VT has been doing, needs facilities to compete with big time programs to get the players in there. That's what it was about all along. 'Bama has facilities. WVU needs them and RR wanted them there. He was going to get them one way or the other.

'Bama is about to get done to it what Beamer did to UNC several years ago except in a more widely publicized way.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he does end up staying like I think he will then someone from ESPN needs to be fired because they have been reporting he has been gone for two days now.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

they just said that at 3 oclock that he was having a meeting with his players. Thats all they said!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

WBOY is reporting he is staying

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

i'll keep laughing until you are out of the big east smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ask anyone around the nation and they will tell you that the Big East is the better conference this year.