Burton vs. Riverheads

nooge

Touchdown Burton!!!!

21-20 Riverheads with the lead.

Been quite a few questionable calls in this one and just called an unsportsmanlike conduct on Burton, they're not happy about it either. Been a few on Burton from what I understand.

:50 left in game.

[ QUOTE ]

Crowd chanting "55".

3rd and 12- pass incomplete.

4th- pass incomplete. Raiders want a flag, said defender was all over the reciever. Fans, announcers, all not happy.

:22 left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why were they chanting "55"??

I don't mean to drag a dead horse..but that call of excessive celebrating is the biggest load of horse crap i have ever seen in my life...I agree with John Adams..that is a disgrace to officiating...I would have a hard time sleeping at night if I robbed someone like Burton got robbed...

[ QUOTE ]

I don't mean to drag a dead horse..but that call of excessive celebrating is the biggest load of horse crap i have ever seen in my life...I agree with John Adams..that is a disgrace to officiating...I would have a hard time sleeping at night if I robbed someone like Burton got robbed...

[/ QUOTE ]

The overall issue of officiating in state title games is something to be looked at. There was some very shaky work turned in by crews in at least three games that I know of (both AA contests and the above mentioned situation with Burton).

To the best of my knowledge, state title games are given to individual officials who have been at it for a long time as a kind of "reward" for time served instead of a real effort to bring forth the best and the brightest. That needs to change. If nothing else, the VHSL is raking in way too much $$$ to be allowed to produce such an inferior product on an annual basis.

I have never officiated a game, but I don't think a call that doesn't infringe on the other team should decide a game. As I understand it, Burton scored late in the game, and then had the penalty called on them for excessive celebration making the extra point out of the kickers range, meaning they had to go for two. I would like to see the tape before jumping on the officiating to much, but I don't think you can take a chance of winning a championship away from a team in that fashion. A truly sad ending to a great season for J.I. Burton. I can totally understand their anger and outrage over this. Keep your chins up guys you had a heck of a season!!

Well, WCYB's isn't clear, it's choppy, but they do have it online. WJHL's angle shows the ref throwing the flag right as Ethan was just beginning to pitch it to him.

It's on both Sunday and Monday's 6 p.m. show. Starts at the 21:00 mark on Sunday's and the 23:55 for Monday's.

http://wcybstream.wcyb.tv/stream/archive.asp