Beamer's unbiased All American Ballot

easy56

What an idiot.

Frank Beamer's All-American Ballot

Deadspin got ahold of Frank Beamer's All-American ballot, which further proves that coaches shouldn't be allowed to vote for anything, including president or American Idol. It's unspeakable. It features:

Six(!) Hokies: OT Duane Brown, P Brandon Pace, DE Nolan Burchette, LBs Vince Hall and Xavier Adibi, and CB Brandon Flowers. (Please note that VT only placed three players on the all conference team.)

A total of 13 players (out of 24) from the ACC, including three fourths of the secondary. (Please note that the ACC is the worst BCS conference in the country and VT, 14th, is its highest ranked team.)

A player from Duke, John Talley. (Please note he plays for Duke.)

The inexplicable inclusion of Toledo tight end Chris Hopkins. (What?)

Beamer's apparently never heard of Reggie Nelson, Alan Branch, or Patrick Willis but knows the ins and outs of MAC tight ends. Also irritating: Beamer voted for four defensive ends and four cornerbacks.

Question: Shouldn't a team with six All-Americans be better than #14? If Beamer's ballot is to be believed, he's done the worst coaching job in the country this year. And we know that's not true because Jeff Bowden had a job until recently.

Duane Brown--One of the top offensive linemen in next year's NFL draft. The Pros are already drooling over his size and athletic ability

Brandon Pace--Connected on what 22 straight FGs this season? Ended up 22-23 on FG attempts.

Brandon Flowers--voted onto many All-American teams already

Vince Hall and Xavier Adibi--The best linebacking duo in the country. The Pros rave about both right now, especially Hall, and both have another year.

Nolan Burchette--A senior leader that helped turn the team around after the BC game. I applaud Beamer for giving one of the biggest unsung players in the country a vote. What did it hurt, did he make the team? No.

And John Talley was considered the best defensive back in the ACC and one of the best in the country prior to this season. The NFL scouts love him and he'll most likely be a first or second round selection in April. And before you blast Beamer, let's see the ballot for every other coach in America. I guarantee that 99% of them demostrate the exact same tendencies toward their own players and conference.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

If a player bust his ass for a coach, then there is no reason not to go to bat for your kid. If you do not vote for him, then who else will?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about making it like they do in the conferences were coaches can't vote for their own players. That would seem more logical and fair.

[ QUOTE ]

What an idiot.

Frank Beamer's All-American Ballot

Deadspin got ahold of Frank Beamer's All-American ballot, which further proves that coaches shouldn't be allowed to vote for anything, including president or American Idol. It's unspeakable. It features:

Six(!) Hokies: OT Duane Brown, P Brandon Pace, DE Nolan Burchette, LBs Vince Hall and Xavier Adibi, and CB Brandon Flowers. (Please note that VT only placed three players on the all conference team.)

A total of 13 players (out of 24) from the ACC, including three fourths of the secondary. (Please note that the ACC is the worst BCS conference in the country and VT, 14th, is its highest ranked team.)

A player from Duke, John Talley. (Please note he plays for Duke.)

The inexplicable inclusion of Toledo tight end Chris Hopkins. (What?)

Beamer's apparently never heard of Reggie Nelson, Alan Branch, or Patrick Willis but knows the ins and outs of MAC tight ends. Also irritating: Beamer voted for four defensive ends and four cornerbacks.

Question: Shouldn't a team with six All-Americans be better than #14? If Beamer's ballot is to be believed, he's done the worst coaching job in the country this year. And we know that's not true because Jeff Bowden had a job until recently.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you believe that was his actual ballot, I've got some oceanfront property down near Welch I'd like to sell you...

Actually, it was already proven to be fake...just an FYI...

[ QUOTE ]

The two starting linebackers for the number 1 ranked defense in the country must have done something right.

[/ QUOTE ]

VT may have the number one defense in america but you know why none of them got any recognition.......bc the only thing anyone remembers the VT defense for this year is when they tried to fight each other on the sideline during the BC game.....i swear i thought one of them was gonna pull a "nine" out from under his shoulder pads....lol...even though they deserved to be considered, most voters wont vote bc of the incident during that game.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The two starting linebackers for the number 1 ranked defense in the country must have done something right.

[/ QUOTE ]

VT may have the number one defense in america but you know why none of them got any recognition.......bc the only thing anyone remembers the VT defense for this year is when they tried to fight each other on the sideline during the BC game.....i swear i thought one of them was gonna pull a "nine" out from under his shoulder pads....lol...even though they deserved to be considered, most voters wont vote bc of the incident during that game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think any of that is true. The reason why there weren't more VT defensive players on the All-American team is because none of them had national recognition or incredible stats. Flowers was selected because he led or was close to leading the defensive categories in pass defending. The incident at BC has nothing to do with the voting. Now the incident is only seen for what happened after it. It fired up the whole team and they didn't lose a game after that.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think any of that is true. The reason why there weren't more VT defensive players on the All-American team is because none of them had national recognition or incredible stats. Flowers was selected because he led or was close to leading the defensive categories in pass defending. The incident at BC has nothing to do with the voting. Now the incident is only seen for what happened after it. It fired up the whole team and they didn't lose a game after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

they had that fight in the 3rd qtr.....they went on to get beatdown by BC after that fight....i would hardly say it influenced them....maybe a weak schedule influenced them a bit

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they had that fight in the 3rd qtr.....they went on to get beatdown by BC after that fight....i would hardly say it influenced them....maybe a weak schedule influenced them a bit

[/ QUOTE ]

If your weak schedule statement is true, then I suppose they got the blueprint from WVU.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If your weak schedule statement is true, then I suppose they got the blueprint from WVU.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, WVU got the blueprint from VT....VT has been playing one of the weaker schedules for over 10 years now....Even when they were in the BE, they would schedule James Madison, Kent St, Akron, you know teams like that.....i heard that VT was trying to schedule a couple of SWD teams next year...any truth to that?? actually, before VT started winning football games(before 1993) they used to play one of the toughest schedules in the country.

why do you have to make negative comments about VT in every post? i didnt say anything about WVU. The scuffle on the sidelines during the BC game was the turning point of VT's season. After that game, they ran the table and beat Clemson, Wake Forest and several other good teams.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, WVU got the blueprint from VT....VT has been playing one of the weaker schedules for over 10 years now....Even when they were in the BE, they would schedule James Madison, Kent St, Akron, you know teams like that.....i heard that VT was trying to schedule a couple of SWD teams next year...any truth to that?? actually, before VT started winning football games(before 1993) they used to play one of the toughest schedules in the country.

[/ QUOTE ]

East Washington? Wolford? Chattanooga? Just a few of the teams on WVU's schedule in the past years. Next year, VT has LSU at Baton Rouge, Georgia Tech away, FSU at home, and Miami at home. Doubt you have much to say anything about that. Let me guess, you have Auburn in 2008, right? Tech has Nebraska in Lincoln 2008 as well.

[ QUOTE ]

East Washington? Wolford? Chattanooga? Just a few of the teams on WVU's schedule in the past years. Next year, VT has LSU at Baton Rouge, Georgia Tech away, FSU at home, and Miami at home. Doubt you have much to say anything about that. Let me guess, you have Auburn in 2008, right? Tech has Nebraska in Lincoln 2008 as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

look at Tech's out of conference schedule this year. Norhteastern, Southern Miss, Cincinnati, and Kent State. Nice.Oh wow they grew a pair and scheduled one good team for an out of conference game next year.Them playing Fla State, Ga Tech, and Miami have nothing to do with anything because they dont schedule those games.

It was known for 3-4 years that the 2006 out of conference schedule would be "weak". From 2007 until at least 2015 you will see VT play one high profile OOC game per year against teams from the SEC, Big-10 and Big-12. In addition to that you will see 1-2 games against C-USA and Big East type teams.

Tech was suppose to have played at Wisconsin this past September, but the new Wisconsin coach backed out of the signed contract back in January. Tech was also suppose to start a home-and-home with Auburn next year, which Auburn back out of last summer (2005). Say what you will, but it's hard to improve the schedule when people drop you months before a series is schedule to start or refuse to play you at all.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Vince Hall and Xavier Adibi--The best linebacking duo in the country.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even close.

[/ QUOTE ] Yeah Right Xavier and Vince rock they are the best 2 lbs in the nation They are ahead of James Laurinatis

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

look at Tech's out of conference schedule this year. Norhteastern, Southern Miss, Cincinnati, and Kent State. Nice.Oh wow they grew a pair and scheduled one good team for an out of conference game next year.Them playing Fla State, Ga Tech, and Miami have nothing to do with anything because they dont schedule those games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't WVU kick the crap out of Georgia last year in the Sugar Bowl? And correct me if I am wrong but VT walked into WVU and handed them their only loss last year. UGA's out of conference schedule sucks as does WVU's this year.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't WVU kick the crap out of Georgia last year in the Sugar Bowl?

[/ QUOTE ]

No 38-35 with a fake punt at the end to seal victory is not "kicking the crap" out of anything. This moronic statement alone makes the rest of this post worthless babble.

[ QUOTE ]

Didn't WVU kick the crap out of Georgia last year in the Sugar Bowl?

[/ QUOTE ]

No 38-35 with a fake punt at the end to seal victory is not "kicking the crap" out of anything. This moronic statement alone makes the rest of this post worthless babble.

[/ QUOTE ]

It took a comeback by UGA to even make it look close.