Story from Blacksburg...

GMan

Well the only positive, if there is one, would be that even if he did have sex with the 15-year old it would only be a Class 1 misdemeanor according to Virginia state law

§ 18.2-371

Causing or encouraging acts rendering children delinquent, abused, etc.; penalty

Any person eighteen years of age or older, including the parent of any child, who (i) willfully contributes to, encourages, or causes any act, omission, or condition which renders a child delinquent, in need of services, in need of

supervision, or abused or neglected as defined in § 16.1-228, or (ii) engages in consensual sexual intercourse with a child fifteen or older not his spouse, child, or grandchild, shall be guilty of a Class 1 misdemeanor. This section shall not be construed as repealing, modifying, or in any way affecting §§ 18.2-18, 18.2-19, 18.2-61, 18.2-63, 18.2-66, and 18.2-347.

Not to sound negative or anything,because I don't know if he actually knew the girl was only 15 or not, but nonetheless with the bad publicity he is getting from it for his actions he may find himself somewhere besides VT next year. Most schools unless their name is Ohio State University don't put up with kids who bring negative publicity to their name. Marcus Vick has alot of talent, and I hope if he knew the girl was only 15 that he get's his act together and start using his brain before he loses a shot at making it big.

I don't expect to VT jump ship on Marcus based on what we’ve heard thus far. If Vick would have forcibly raped the girl then that’s a whole different story, but that isn’t the case here. If VT would jump ship on Vick I would be very disappointed in everyone at VT. The young man made a mistake, and just like vicious criminals, he deserves another chance. As you pointed out and as I’ve thought, maybe the girls lied to Vick about their age. This has happened to friends of mine in the past. It’s very hard nowadays to tell the difference between a 15 year old and an 18 year old. However, Vick needs to be more cautious in the future…

Seems to me that some people just try to get others in trouble. When I was his age, it was nothing for boys to

date( and have sex with) girls 14,15,16 years old. My wife

was 16 when we started dating and I was 19 almost 20. So

unless it was a forcable rape, I don't see anything wrong.

until he is officially charged with a crime everyone is jumping the gun. why do people automatically figure if it reported in a paper that it is fact and the young man must have done what they say because he is a athelete. to many people today try to get someone in trouble if they think they can make a dollar from him or her. so until he is found guilty in a court of law not on a message board or in the news he is innocent unitl proven guilty by a jury of his peers. that is the system. if we give up on it then this country is in for a downfall. i do not believe though if he is found guilty that he should get off just because of who he is but until that time he is innocent.