Congrats to the ACC on an outstanding bowl season!

wvuraiders

You guys really stepped it up big time top 3 looked real strong. 1-8 all time in BCS Bowls....Oh side note has VT every won back to back bowls...that would be no....Can't wait to here from you die hards on this one.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

yeah wvu's two wins the last two years out of like 13 bowl appearances, now that's a record there

[/ QUOTE ]gee what a comeback, i tell ya if u have any "football" knowledge u would realize that WVU's team the last 2 years is COMPLETELY different from teams we've had the last 10-15 years, i mean heck we've got a dynamic QB with video game type stats, 2 1st team all-americans (Dan moses and Steve Slaton), and back to back bowl wins and top 10 finishes in the polls.. i'm sorry there is no WVU team unless you go back to 88 in the major harris days that compares to this team..or maybe the 93 team thats bout it

Exactly, twopac. It will be interesting to see how WVU fairs once Slaton and White leave. We'll see how these last two seasons have appealed to recruits and if it has placed WVU up there as an elite program for prospects. I'm betting otherwise.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Exactly, twopac. It will be interesting to see how WVU fairs once Slaton and White leave. We'll see how these last two seasons have appealed to recruits and if it has placed WVU up there as an elite program for prospects. I'm betting otherwise.

[/ QUOTE ]

the jury is still out on what will replace slaton however Noel Devine from Florida is very interested in becoming a Mountaineer. As for the QB position WVU should be in good shape. Jarret Brown is very capable of winning. They got the QB from Morgantown High who is very good but more of a drop back QB, I think is a 4 star recruit by scout.com They also will sign two QB's from the state of Virginia who are suppose to be very good. One is Bradley Starks and the other is Brandon Hogan who is listed as a DB but wants to play QB. Many said that he made opponents look stupid as he lead his team to a state champisonship in Va. The Eers have also got a committment from Gino Gradkowski the #3 center in the nation and the brother of Bruce Gradkowski. So all in all the Mountaineers are doing a great job of recruiting.

Honestly, I think Jarrett Brown is as capable of running the offense, if not more, than Pat White. I saw where WVU is recruiting a five star RB out of Florida, but other schools such as FSU and Florida are after him too.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I think Jarrett Brown is as capable of running the offense, if not more, than Pat White. I saw where WVU is recruiting a five star RB out of Florida, but other schools such as FSU and Florida are after him too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah thats the Devine kid. His videos have beeon circulating on the internet since his freshman year and he is nasty. Many are ranking him as the #1 recruit, however he may not qualify.

gee what a comeback, i tell ya if u have any "football" knowledge u would realize that WVU's team the last 2 years is COMPLETELY different from teams we've had the last 10-15 years, i mean heck we've got a dynamic QB with video game type stats, 2 1st team all-americans (Dan moses and Steve Slaton), and back to back bowl wins and top 10 finishes in the polls.. i'm sorry there is no WVU team unless you go back to 88 in the major harris days that compares to this team..or maybe the 93 team thats bout it

yeah, probably be the same thing as back then, couple years of good records and so forth, then back to mediocrity. The bowl record of WVU was told to me by a friend, who unfortunately is a WVU fan, but i don't hold it against him.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

How many ranked teams did WVU play during the year?? 2 and both are in the Big Least... Tough schedule... Marshall had a harder schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well hell we played the #2 team in the ACC in the Gator Bowl. We can't help that they weren't ranked. Also if WVU would have went undefeated it would have played in the National Championship, Louisville would have as well. However Rutgers wouldn't have gotten the chance.

"yeah wvu's two wins the last two years out of like 13 bowl appearances, now that's a record there"

I love that you know so much about college football. you know jack crap about football in my opinion. If you knew anything you would know they won the music city bowl a little less than 6 years ago

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

im honestly doubting anybody other than maybe a WVU fan would know that they won the music city bowl 6 years ago...lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Before anyone does any bashing on any teams lets all remember that Notre Dame hasn't won one since 1994. Its unbelievable that they are always considered a powerhouse. Hopefully they lose to LSU to continue the streak.

[ QUOTE ]

Oh, I wasnt bashing anybody....I was just saying that I am doubting many people know who won the Music City Bowl 6 years ago....lol

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll be able to tell you that Kentucky won it 6 years from now in the year 2012. You can guarantee that, Tigh.

lol

like Grundy10 said, who is gonna know who won the music city bowl six years ago, and if you had read my previous post i stated that a WVU FAN told me that record. I could care less about WVU's lackluster performances in previous bowl games.

[ QUOTE ]

How many ranked teams did WVU play during the year?? 2 and both are in the Big Least... Tough schedule... Marshall had a harder schedule.

[/ QUOTE ]marshall always plays tough teams, they just never beat em, but if u want to talk about a tough schedule i think u should check this out.

northeastern 1AA

UNC 3-9

Dook 0-12

USM 8-5 conf. USA

Kent 6-6 MAC

UVA 6-6

miami 6-6

cincy 7-5

clemson 8-5--looks like a bunch of average joes to me, maybe this had somethin to do with tech's great defense..

If you want to see how bad WVU's defense is, look no further than their overall ranking in team defense and compare it to the weak schedule. If they had what you could even begin to consider an average defense, they wouldn't be ranked 48th in total team defense with a schedule like that. It's funny that you mention all of those teams as well, twopac, because they're all ranked higher than WVU in team defense with the exception of Duke, UNC, and Northeastern.

The Big Least is a joke and you know it.. They need to be stripped of their BCS affiliation. Why didn't Boise get a shot at the national title game??? Also, how do you tell a team with one loss that lost to a team such as example (Auburn, LSU, Texas, Ohio State) that since you played a hard schedule and won all your games except for one that you are eliminated from the national championship but, on the other hand you tell a team with a poor schedule (WVU) that if you go undefeated that you can play for a national championship?? If that's the case Notre Dame should schedule all big least schools and Div 1AA schools.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

If you want to see how bad WVU's defense is, look no further than their overall ranking in team defense and compare it to the weak schedule. If they had what you could even begin to consider an average defense, they wouldn't be ranked 48th in total team defense with a schedule like that. It's funny that you mention all of those teams as well, twopac, because they're all ranked higher than WVU in team defense with the exception of Duke, UNC, and Northeastern.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to get off the subject of the ACC's crappy bowl season and VT's soft schedule to talk about WVU's defense. Since when has head to head defenses determined overall rankings. WVU's defense may not be great but as a TEAM WVU is still ranked higher than VT and may be in the top 10.