SWVA football teams PLEASE do me a big favor

jmarcum

I have one wish this upcoming season. That wish is for Region 4 to defeat Gretna in the state semi finals. I am tired of reading about them, hearing about them, and all the fuss. People up there are on posts congratulating the fans, the players, the coaches, thats fine but now its every facet of Gretna being thanked. Starting from the pope to the guy who cleans the stands after the game. Its just plain stupid.

Nobody outside of Southwest Virginia gives anyone a chance but thats insane. Graham almost beat them this year so they can be beat. So any teams in the area that get the chance please shut these people up. I will owe you one.

Let them enjoy their Championship! After what they went through several years ago...44 game losing streak...they deserve to bask in the limelight...and besides, they had a DAMN GOOD team!

Maybe next year Grundy will have a shot at knocking them off...and if they do and go on to win the State Title, then you and your brothers, and all the Golden Wave fans will deserve the opportunity to do the same!

I think that a team has the right to celebrate their state title, and Grundy would def. celebrate since they have never won one. But the Graham G-Men surley would gloat in that limelight as well. Since their savior, Ahmad Bradshaw, couldn't even win them one. But back to my point, I think that it can be excessive though. Gretna is the only team I still see on any of these chat rooms still talking about their win, thanking and congratulating people, etc.

Any team that wins a State Title on the field, court, mat, whatever deserves the right to gloat. I never said Graham fans wouldn't...I merely said that Gretna fans have every reason to since they did have a great team and especailly after what that school/program/fans suffered through just a few short years ago!

Win your first State Title in football and then we will see how much you (Grundy) will gloat...I promise it will rival Gretna's "spirit" (if not surpass it)!

oh hell yeah...if Grundy wins state this year I'm flying the pope in to bless the new "town" smile.gif

grin.gif

I say let Gretna enjoy the moment as well...it's a special thing that doesn't happen very often.

Also, I don't think Grundy was overly arrogant about the 14 State titles in Wrestling...only in the fact it became expected at some point for those kids to continue to out preform everyone else in the state every year...there was not a lot of gloating going on though...but.."that ain't football" smile.gif

grin.gif

the time and dedication that all athletes put into there sport in unbelieveable,parents and athletes give up a lot of there time. all of us have either played sports or have kids that are involved and we all know how tough it is. many of these kids start when they are 6 or 7 years old and never get a shot at any title. so let them gloat

it is short lived anyway

shoot as a parent of a current graham football player i love to see the team that wins a state title enjoy it as long as they can. i still set down now and then with my son and we watch the graham southamptom title game and enjoy it still today and i tell my son watch and see what it takes to win a title and learn from the past teams and your past years at graham high. so let gretna enjoy a well deserved state title they worked hard for it and so did all the fans and parents of players cheerleaders band members booster clubs and all.