Southwest District Signings

cavs130

What wrestlers from the S.W.D. have commited to wrestle for a college. I (J.R. South-Carroll County have signed on to wrestle at The College of Mt. St. Joesph in Cincinnati, Ohio)

I went to Grundy High School and out of all the champions we had the only one I remember wrestling at the next level was Scott Jusuts. Is there any others that did? I would like to know why they werent offered scholarships from all the wrestling colleges, maybe they were but just didnt go. Who knows?

I would like to know what happened and if there were any offers.

Grundy has had a bunch of kids go places dude...going back to the mid 80's...i dunno if they finished up or what, but i know a lot of those guys had offers and rides.

reid ratliff----wvu, greg stiltner---- iowa , red childress---- ???, in pa , david wimmer--- va tech (captain), scott justus----- va tech , prater boys------ va tech . all have finished with degrees ( prater's still there )

• 1 month later...

All of these guys got at least partial scholarships at the respective schools. Mike Cox Lock Haven, Brian Cox Apprentice School, Laddy Fields Va Tech, Chris Childress Va Tech,Brian Large Carson Newman, Jeff Stiltner Iowa Central, Eric Kendrick Iowa Central, Curtis Elswick Iowa Central, Shane Bowman Northern Idaho, Hurshel Justus Iowa Central, Chris Shortridge Apprentice School,Scotty Newport Apprentice School, Nick Young Va Tech, Jimmy Griffey Carson Newman, B.D. Robertson Va Tech.

• 4 weeks later...

Modern Era Offers- Jake Stacy Appalachian State, Cody Stiltner Applachian State, Luke Dales Va Tech and VMI, P.J. Justus U T Chatanooga, Aaron Elswick Cumberland KY, Aaron Young VMI, Albert Childress Iowa Minnesota Va Tech ......,