VA Duals

grundyallthaway

they have been at that division for 3 years now.....i think the last time they was in the national high school division was 04.....this was the best a Grundy team wreslted at the VA Duals since 2001 the year that they won it.......

[ QUOTE ]

They got 4th, I had never been but I thought they dropped to the American division, there are 3 right National, American, and Black and Blue?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea they are three with also two college divisons and as of last year they have a middle school divison.....Grundy also had 4 middle schoolers competing on the Virginia nat. team.....and there team got 1st so it was a good weekend for GWC wrestling......

• 2 weeks later...

2iuyfl4.jpg

Josh Lee

Unbeaten at 6-0 in VA Duals

Wave Matmen Claim Fourth Place in VA Duals

Grundy Has Best Finish at Hampton in Six Years

by Lloyd Combs

Sports Reporter

There’s just something special about wrestling on a Saturday night at a major tournament.

Grundy was still in action Saturday night and had its best finish at the Virginia Duals in six years, claiming fourth-place in the American High School Division at Hampton Coliseum.

There were consolation finals and championship finals Saturday evening in each high school and college division at the Duals, one of the most prestigious wrestling tournaments in the country.

The Golden Wave advanced to the championship quarterfinals with a 43-19 thumping of First Colonial in opening round action Friday night. Forced to take the mats right after the win, Grundy fell to Kellam, 50-20, in Friday's second dual.

Grundy, which last wrestled in the finals when it won the National High School Division in 2001, notched three dual meet victories Saturday to move into the consolation finals. The Golden Wave dropped a 41-26 decision to Kempsville Saturday evening in the third-fourth place meet.

“We made a lot of mistakes, but, honestly, I was pleased with how we finished,†Grundy coach Travis Fiser said. “We were wrestling on Saturday night and we haven’t done that since 2001.â€Â

Josh Lee (189 pounds) was the only Grundy wrestler to go through the tournament unscathed, winning all six of his matches.

Teammates Josh Ratliff (215), Josh McCowan (152), Jarrett Landis, Ethan Owens (119) and Jon Dotson (125) each lost just once.

“All those guys wrestled pretty good,†Fiser said.

“Josh Lee had a great tournament. I don’t know how good some of the competition was, but, overall, the competition at the Duals is usually pretty tough.â€Â

“We wrestled tough as a team. We had a lot more upside as a team. As individuals, some of us were inconsistent. We’d look good one match and so-so the next.â€Â

[ QUOTE ]

How do you become a moderator? I could dig up alot of "ON TOPIC" pictures.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your pics are NEVER on topic unless there is a post about fat, hairy, half-naked men...

Wait a sec, this IS the "wrestling board"...nevermind....