VHSL Redistricting for A in 2005-06...

GMan

No changes will occur in Region C.

Region D has a new addition in the Lonesome Pine District...Virginia High, who will be the second largest Class A school in the state with an enrollment of 677.

I cant believe VHS is going down to single A. There is no need for this. I guess the people at VHS figure they will have a better chance of winning in single A but I dont know about that. They are going to about the same in football, because the Lonesome Pine has good football programs like Gate City, Powell Valley and Appalachia. They may do a little better in basketball. The only sport I see them having more success in, is in baseball. VHS already has a great baseball program that has been a powerhouse in AA for over 10 years. Now that they are in single A, they should compete for a state title nearly every year.

I really hate to see VHS leave the highlands district. I loved seeing the VHS vs Abingdon district rival. I pretty much agree with everyone else in saying that they need to reform the old SWD and put Lee down in Single A.

With this addition to the LPD, what are the odds now that possibly one or two teams, I say Clintwood and Pound, could be moved to the Black Diamond District? I know it would have to be done next season, but is it at all likely?

-Josh