Bluefield - Princeton game tonight?

bluefieldRocks

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Woodrow wilson... who might i add is HORRIBLE this year compared to their standards beat princeton by 32. How? By pushing the ball up the court on every play. did they come out of that game style when they got up? NO. All bluefield has to do is follow this gameplan. We have more athletes than Woodrow and could probably beat them easily. Princeton can't run. Make them Ernie Gilliard and the game will be ours.

if bluefield gets princeton outta the slow paced offense and makes them have to run with bluefield then i think bluefield can beat them by at least 10-15points... but if princeton makes them slow down the game and not let them run then i think it will be within 5points with possibly princeton winning...

Do you think Gilliard can actually figure out a way to make Princeton play Bluefield's game??? VERY DOUBTFUL!!! This will be another close game that shouldn't be and Bluefield may very well lose it because of that...

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Do you think Gilliard can actually figure out a way to make Princeton play Bluefield's game??? VERY DOUBTFUL!!! This will be another close game that shouldn't be and Bluefield may very well lose it because of that...

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember last years Christmas classic game I was able to go to. Princeton made a lot of easy lay ups because they BEAT our press. It happened a few times in this years game but not as many. Yes, the press is the name of our game but you have to switch it up sometimes.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember last years Christmas classic game I was able to go to. Princeton made a lot of easy lay ups because they BEAT our press. It happened a few times in this years game but not as many. Yes, the press is the name of our game but you have to switch it up sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Switching it up is fine...causing it to completely shut down in unpardonable...

[ QUOTE ]

Most games are still on even if your on 2hr. delay i think the only time it would be cancelled is if your cancelled or get out of school early

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in Mercer County. Games can be played even if school was cancelled for the day. Now if school dismisses early b/c of snow then it's unlikely the game will be played b/c that means the weather conditions are worsening.

Princeton wins by 6 tonight...

Princeton is not as bad as they looked against Beckley. Beckley lost everyone off of last season's team and is a sophomore and junior dominated team. This Beckley team has really started to click the last four games. In the second half of the Nitro game four games ago, Beckley found a lineup that clicked and they have been a different team ever since. Also, the smothering defense of a few years ago has been back the past few games. This is not the same Beckley team that it was a few weeks ago, not even close. Outside of Huntington, there is not a team in the state that Beckley couldn't beat on any given night right now.

Back to Princeton, the way that Beckley laid it on them was by playing hard full court pressure defense for all but the final few minutes when the subs were in. Beckley's was too quick and too athletic and that combined with hard defense caused Princeton fits and wore them down.

Bluefield definitely has the talent and athletes to really cause Princeton problems if they play a similiar style to the one Beckley played.

IMO, Bluefield is the most talented team and athletic team in AA this season. They probably have the best player in AA, Dexter Moore, combined with two of the most athletic forwards in the state and some other good players to go with them. But as has been said, the coach doesn't seem to be playing the style that they should.

Bluefield should be running just about everyone in AA off the court. As has been said they need to play hard full court defense for the entire game that causes turnovers and get easy baskets. Get out and run, wear the other team down.

If Bluefield stopped playing lazy defense and played 32 minutes of basketball like I just described, they would proably dominate AA.

i'll agree that Blfd. has the best PG in the state in Dexter Moore, but as far as all around starting 5, i believe Wyo. East's starting 5 is just as good if not a bit better.

the difference between Blfd./Wyo. East is the 3 guard system that East runs, aside from that and maybe speed, their isnt much difference.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

39-27 halftime. Bluefield pulled their starters in the final two minutes of the half and Princeton scores six straight points to crawl within 12 at halftime.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this game on the internet?

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

39-27 halftime. Bluefield pulled their starters in the final two minutes of the half and Princeton scores six straight points to crawl within 12 at halftime.

[/ QUOTE ]

is this game on the internet?

[/ QUOTE ]

never mind, i found it

Bluefield 83, Princeton 68--FINAL

Bluefield goes to 11-1, plays at Westside tomorrow night...

Justin Harris--19 points, 6 boards, 3 assists

Kyle Hammond--11 points, 4 assists

Dexter Moore--12 points, 4 boards, 11 assists

Ansel Ponder--11 points, 6 boards, 4 assists

Shaun Brooks--21 points, 8 boards

i wonder how many blocks brooks had, he was slappin em off the glass and the student section started chanting looks like OJ...blfd played hard pressed and trapped the entire game and it was never any closer than 11 in the second half, i'm lookin forward to makin the trip to westside t/m night, we press and continue to sub players in and out for 4 qtrs it'll be tough for westside to beat em

Did you see that block by brooks????

The dude, minnix i think it was. He went up for an easy layup off the glass, and shaun brooks came outa nowhere and pinned it against the back board... I've never saw anything like that in H.S. Basketball..

Bluefield came out shaky in the very beginning of the game. Bad passes and such. I didnt think it was going to turn out so well. But bluefield battled back and was down by 8 at one point. Justin harris had a helluva game. Never missed a shot, i believe he hit 2 or 3 three-pointers. But player of the game goes to brooks, he was a one man wrecking crew on the court. and ofcourse, out of our sheer hatred for Princeton, we laid it onto there fans thick. We never stopped chanting crap to them...

I believe this game tommorow will be a very good one against Westside,

Now about that comment about Wyoming East starting 5 being better than bluefields. I would disagree with that. I'd take shaun brooks and ansel ponder over anybody on wyoming easts team