Bluefield - Princeton game tonight?

bluefieldRocks

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield leading by 11 points in the second quarter. They're pressing Princeton all over the floor and it's giving the Tigers fits. I'm sure Gilliard will back out of the press soon though b/c it's working too well...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think Gilliard has been reading this board??? LOL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Bluefield leading by 11 points in the second quarter. They're pressing Princeton all over the floor and it's giving the Tigers fits. I'm sure Gilliard will back out of the press soon though b/c it's working too well...

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think Gilliard has been reading this board??? LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya know, I was seriously wondering that last night listening to the game b/c Bluefield pressed up until the final minute of the game. Maybe he now sees how easy it can be if when you get a lead you keep building on it and don't allow the other team a chance to comeback. I'll be honest, I'm impressed that were able to beat Princeton so easily b/c Princeton has played so well against Bluefield in the past three years.

By far Bluefields greatest effort this season. They hustled for FOUR QUARTERS. Kudos to Gilliard for playing aggressive to the end. If this team can play with this intensity every game, no one can touch them, not even wyoming east. maybe the pikeview game was really a wakeup call.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

By far Bluefields greatest effort this season. They hustled for FOUR QUARTERS. Kudos to Gilliard for playing aggressive to the end. If this team can play with this intensity every game, no one can touch them, not even wyoming east. maybe the pikeview game was really a wakeup call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats one of the keys. If we are pressing then the players have to play aggressive every night. Thats a nice win though.

[ QUOTE ]

hey twopac, did you see that dude in our student section throw the ball across the court when the ref came over to get it..lol, that was hilarious. He got kicked outa the game and everything

[/ QUOTE ]lol yea i saw it, that was mad funny he iddnt deserve to be thrown out tho, that was BS

i thought that generally this crew called the game to blfds favor. they let em play which means alot of the hand checking and steal attempts that couldve been called were not. yea they made alot of bad calls and ive seen this crew screw blfd before, but last nite went to blfd's favor

So the bluefield game will be on the eagle 100.1 - 100.9 tonight? thats intresting. Im wondering to see if gillard will do the same defense he did last night all night

I talked to ansel ponder last night, and he said he really likes running that defense, i dont remember what it was called. It puts alot of pressure of the ball handler to get rid of it, and if the pass is even just a little off, its pretty much a turnover with all that pressure.

I was wrong. How did I know Gilliard would get wise and smart enough to have Bluefield play the type of defense they're best suited for when he hasn't the entire year? Don't get too excited just yet though, they play at Westside tonight and that's a tough place to play. If they can go in there and get the "W" then you can get a little excited. Honestly though, I expect them to lose tonight. I hope I'm wrong...

just wantesd to say congratz on the victory against Princeton.

Princeton has been letting me down as we go late into the basketball season, i picked them to come out of their region over a down Woodrow team this yr, now i just dont know.

anyways look forward to the battle tonight, and that's what i believe it will be, i just hope we can pull the "upset", if not i hope we can keep it close like last time.

safe travels to all who venture to the game.

Wyoming east crushed James monroe. We beat them by a few... They look like the real deal. I just think we have better athletes in better condition on our team. But thats my opinion

Westside is a hostile enviroment to play at. They brought many fans down to bluefield and they were loud. I'd hate to be up there and listen to them at this game.. Best of luck to both teams tonight though

Rules, if bluefield wins state this year. I hope you eat crow so much it isint funny grin.gif ... Its destiny that bluefield wins it, remember that PM i sent you telling why. It has to be like that!

I just want to say to all the students at Bluefield, Thanks for your display of class last nite at the game. You all showed Princeton what it means to support your team and school without yelling (and wearing) rude and crude comments. Thanks!!! You made us alums proud!

thanks man... We were pretty loud...haha

We did a "blackout" theme, if you knoticed, most of us were wearing black

And i hope we can continue to make you guys proud. We have a very strong buch of seniors this year that makes our student section (tick) so to speak. Many are members of the board. BeaverTail,CrashDavis, Beaverbaseball and myself. And im sure the tradition will continue on

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

thanks man... We were pretty loud...haha

We did a "blackout" theme, if you knoticed, most of us were wearing black

And i hope we can continue to make you guys proud. We have a very strong buch of seniors this year that makes our student section (tick) so to speak. Many are members of the board. BeaverTail,CrashDavis, Beaverbaseball and myself. And im sure the tradition will continue on

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the important thing...make sure you are good examples for the underclassmen. Make sure they are loud as heck but do it in a classy way.