PV vs. Richlands

powellvalley_1

I remember the day when a man would take a cussen for getting teams like PV Bluefield and GC to play Richlands. But it looks like it has paied off in the long run, a State Championship. Now if the Baseball and basketball teams will beef up their games the whole sports program at RHS will turn around. GO Tornado!

I'm hearing Richlands and Lebanon will be games 2 and 3 for PV or vice versa..... LEE has been a traditional first game of the year since 1989. I don't recall PV playing LEE other than the first game. And I really don't see LEE nor PV wanting to move the traditional "BATTLE OF THE BOOT" game.

PV previously had Seymour, TN 2nd game and Breathitt County, KY 3rd game.

[ QUOTE ]

My understanding was Gate City would still be first Honaker second and PV third. Now that could have changed since the last time I talked to Greg, but I thought that is what he said.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right. PV will be 3rd after Gate City and Honaker.

1 - Gate City H

2 - Honaker A

3 - Powell Valley A

4 - Abingdon H

5 - Graham H

6 - Tazewell A

7 - Marion A

8 - Bluefield H

9 - Carroll County A

10 - Grundy H

I like this schedule. It spreads the away games out more evenly over the first and second half of the season and gives the Blues 3 good non-district games before the district schedule starts.

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

Just saw the official PV schedule and Richlands is game #3 and it will played at Bullitt Park in Big Stone Gap. Lebanon is game #2 also at Bullitt Park. PV's open date has been moved up about 3 weeks and Thomas Walker has filled the former Coeburn matchup, but it isn't game #9 like it was with Coeburn. Something didn't work out with John Battle filling that particular slot. So they settled with Tom Walker. Pound used to be the #4 game, but it is now #9 now I think.