Bradshaw won't participate with team this season..

Bluefield_Rules

UVa. Sports Info Release read:

University of Virginia football coach Al Groh announced that Ahmad Bradshaw will not be participating with the team this season.

From superstar football player to this. It's a hard fall for someone so used to being the "Man," but hopefully the lesson will be learned.

From what I've heard, Ahmad was advised by the UVA coach to quit the team or go before the UVA Dean and be kicked off. I've also heard rumors that he lost his scholarship and the coach from UVA was going to attempt to help get him on at Tennessee or WVU possibly.

I don't recall gloating.

I'm just pointing the facts out to an obviously disgruntled sandman that a very talented young man is throwing his future away and doesn't appear to care.

You're displaying a very "Bluefield" attitude about this sad situation in a young man's life.

I don't see how another man's mistake or misfourtune could make you sound so...satisfied. Almost like Ahmad caused you physical or emotional pain and now you think this is getting even? This is low class, but this is what we have come to expect.

[ QUOTE ]

You're displaying a very "Bluefield" attitude about this sad situation in a young man's life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not stereotype an entire population b/c of the comments of a single individual from that population. We need to squash this before the personal attacks start b/c that's what will eventually happen.

i agree 100% with that. we can comment on the situation with out making it personal or blameing a group of people because of one person. i know for a fact that many on the wv side feel bad about the situation with bradshaw and are not gloating about it because he is from graham. it does not matter if he is from graham beaver princeton grundy or anywhere it is a sad situation and i hope that he gets everything together as i would any kid from any school. the only time i do not like beaver is when graham plays them and that is because i am pulling for graham. anyother time i hope that beaver does very good.

Gee, I thought the personal attacks already started with the posting of "from superstar player to this". What the hell does "this" mean?

The smear posts started long before I got into the mix. The whole damn post is a Bluefield fan shoveling dirt on a former Graham player. And no matter what you might say, your "stereotype" is well warranted.

[ QUOTE ]

The smear posts started long before I got into the mix. The whole damn post is a Bluefield fan shoveling dirt on a former Graham player.

[/ QUOTE ]

sandman

If I recall, I remember simply making a statement on what some reliable sources told me on the situation and you decided to take a personal shot at me because A. I'm from Bluefield and B. Your anger over the fact that Ahmad blew his ride and dealt a heavy blow to his reputation. Your anger is misdirected and if you cannot post intelligently without insulting someone, don't reply. It's as simple as that.

unfortunately it goes both ways. you called bradshaw the golden boy and did make comments about him. and you are from bluefield and i would have thought that someone from the wv side would at least be a little bit more concerned about a local kid. but now if it was a graham fan saying something about someone from beaver i would bet that you would defend him just as much. it is not a graham thing or a bluefield thing it is a kid who made a mistake and is paying the price for it and does not need you calling him names just because you do seem to take pleasure in the fact that someone from graham messed up. but then i guess you are perfect yourself.

ghs73

Please drop the sob story. I'm not going to sit here and go over this with you and your buddy sandman while you guys attempt to turn my words against me. I know what my intentions were when I made my remarks and that is good enough for me. I'm going to be the mature one and end this right now.

[ QUOTE ]

Gee, I thought the personal attacks already started with the posting of "from superstar player to this". What the hell does "this" mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

It means he goes from being the man and leading the team at Graham to not even playing this season, which I'm sure will be extremely tough on the kid. At no point did I say one negative word about Bradshaw and I don't appreciate you implying I did so. I think it's horrible what happened, Bradshaw represents this entire area and I've wished him the best from the beginning.

Just b/c you know some Bluefield fans that enjoys something like this doesn't mean all Bluefield fans do. I can recall some Graham fans getting a kick out of the misfortune of Bluefield players, but you don't see me stereotyping the entire Graham fanbase do you?

you are right about that br there have graham fans in the past that have taken pleasure when someone from blfd got into trouble and that is not fair. i for one know that many on the wv side to not like what has happened to this kid because they realize that it could happen to one of their own. and calling someone a name does not do any good other than to upset other people . i myself do not ever want to see both blfds at each others throats like they were in the late 60's and early 70's. both are getting along much better now which is how it needs to be. but it only takes one person to ruin it for the rest of a group of people on either side of the state line.

i do not know who sandman is nor who you are but your words do speak for themselves and i have never tried to turn them around against you. you do that for yourself. but to call someone the golden boy is not a way to make a comment about a kid who in highschool was good but in the start of college he is just another student athelete. only comment that needed to be made was that a good athelete made a mistake and now he is paying the price for it. nothing more.

I think the respect between the two has grown greatly over the past decade. There is no team I want Bluefield to kick the crap out of more than Graham, but there is no team I root for more outside Beaver than Graham. We can take pride in knowing the Bluefields produce such high caliber teams and there is room for two great teams in "this town."

well said and the one team that i want graham to defeat more than any district game is beaver but that is because of the rivialry between the two schools and how close we are in both communities.i think that is why many outside of our towns do not like either school because we make each other that much better year in and year out. good luck to the beavers this year except for august 27th.

Your post began "from what I've heard". That's not a statement that's you stating your opinion.

Using double talk, innuendo, and inflammatory rhetoric, there has been a coodinated effort to slander and ridicule this young man's mistakes. As for the respect thing bewteen the Bluefields, I didn't read anyone from Richlands, Tazewell or Grundy taking time to post this unfortunate incident in this forum.

[ QUOTE ]

As for the respect thing bewteen the Bluefields, I didn't read anyone from Richlands, Tazewell or Grundy taking time to post this unfortunate incident in this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see what you're trying to imply here and let me copy and paste a PM your very own G-Man sent me regarding this subject.

Hey BR,

Thanks for posting that article about AB! I had posted it EARLY on Sunday morning and when I checked back it was gone. How? I don't know...must have been deleted by someone. That has happened more than once with some of my posts. Anyway, thanks again for posting the article and the link...it is very relevant to the local football scene and whether folks like it or not, it needs to be there...

G

I believe that should slience you once and for all on this matter. If it doesn't then so be it, but I've spoken my peace on this subject. I refuse to waste any more board space discussing this stupidity.

that was my fault i deleted the one Gman posted because the one you posted was the actual quoted online article with the link...and someone (i forget who) made a couple of smart ass remarks about Gman's post so I figured it was best to just leave one post about it with the actual article...so blame that on me i guess...Sorry for any confusion. The only time I ever delete stuff is in cases like this where there are more than one post about the same topic.

Again...sorry for any confusion...was just trying to help keep the forum clean. confused.gif

Lance