Noel Devine.....

Guest JJBrickface

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

If you dont think that deion is trying to get him to attend FSU, then your nuts

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that, but it is not Deion's choice. In the end it is Noel's, I am sure Deion is an influence, but not as much as you all think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like you are going to have to agree with me now on this one.

Just when you thought the recruiting saga of North Fort Myers, Fla. running back Noel Devine was over with his commitment to West Virginia, things aren't so simple. Now it appears that Devine won't be signing with anyone.

Jeff Drummond/Rivals.com

Deion has stepped in and shook things up.

"Noel isn't going to sign today," said a clearly frustrated James Iandoli, the head coach at North Fort Myers. "He had a long conversation with Deion Sanders last night and Deion told him to wait. I don't know if that means he'll visit Florida State this weekend or not but it doesn't appear that that's what this is about. Deion wants him to go to prep school and take his time and visit more schools then."

Devine, a 5-foot-8, 170-pounder with amazing quickness, was all set to sign with Rich Rodriguez and the Mountaineers last night.

"The last I spoke to him he was all set and we were ready to end it," Iandoli said. "But this morning he tells me that Deion thinks he shouldn't sign so it's between them now. If Noel wants to delay things and not sign, there's not much I can do. But dealing with West Virginia and all the other schools today hasn't been fun. It hasn't been a good day."

Devine is ranked as the No. 1 all-purpose running back in the country and has taken official visits to Alabama and West Virginia. He was also considering Florida State and Florida at the time of his decision.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I never said that, but it is not Deion's choice. In the end it is Noel's, I am sure Deion is an influence, but not as much as you all think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just when you thought the recruiting saga of North Fort Myers, Fla. running back Noel Devine was over with his commitment to West Virginia, things aren't so simple. Now it appears that Devine won't be signing with anyone.

Jeff Drummond/Rivals.com

"Noel isn't going to sign today," said a clearly frustrated James Iandoli, the head coach at North Fort Myers. "He had a long conversation with Deion Sanders last night and Deion told him to wait. I don't know if that means he'll visit Florida State this weekend or not but it doesn't appear that that's what this is about. Deion wants him to go to prep school and take his time and visit more schools then."

Devine, a 5-foot-8, 170-pounder with amazing quickness, was all set to sign with Rich Rodriguez and the Mountaineers last night.

"The last I spoke to him he was all set and we were ready to end it," Iandoli said. "But this morning he tells me that Deion thinks he shouldn't sign so it's between them now. If Noel wants to delay things and not sign, there's not much I can do. But dealing with West Virginia and all the other schools today hasn't been fun. It hasn't been a good day."

Devine is ranked as the No. 1 all-purpose running back in the country and has taken official visits to Alabama and West Virginia. He was also considering Florida State and Florida at the time of his decision.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha,

Ok, you were right.

I am not sure if I like his decision.

He could go to WVU and be awesome (which I would hate) or he could go to WVU and get arrested and screw up (which would make me laugh).

Tough dilemma........

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff Drummond/Rivals.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha,

Ok, you were right.

He could go to WVU and be awesome (which I would hate) or he could go to WVU and get arrested and screw up (which would make me laugh).

Tough dilemma........

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter where he goes, its just a damn shame that Deion is interfering in this kids life. He obviously made a decision on his own and then Deion had to step in. By reading the article I think that Noel's coach is pissed.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeff Drummond/Rivals.com

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha,

Ok, you were right.

Tough dilemma........

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't matter where he goes, its just a damn shame that Deion is interfering in this kids life. He obviously made a decision on his own and then Deion had to step in. By reading the article I think that Noel's coach is pissed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure if you had some sort of influence on this kid, you would be in his ear saying "come on...go to WVU". lol But you're gonna say it is wrong for Deion for doing the same.

Guest JJBrickface

No because that is a personal decision. I would certainly tell him why WVU is a great place to go but if he made a decision I wouldn't meet with him and tell him he need to rethink his decision. That was just irresponsible thing for Sanders to do.

[ QUOTE ]

No because that is a personal decision. I would certainly tell him why WVU is a great place to go but if he made a decision I wouldn't meet with him and tell him he need to rethink his decision. That was just irresponsible thing for Sanders to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough...you convinced me. But, I dont think it is that big of a deal. A young person needs some guidance when they are that age, especially when they are making this big of a decision and when they have alot of promise ahead of them. Deion has been there and done all of that, so I'm sure he would be a good one to get advice from in this situation. I also agree that WVU would be a better school for Devine to go to right now.

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, and by done all that I assume you mean skip the entire last semester of college.

Deion isn't exactly the best influence for college.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say he would be his personal advisor while in college. I'm talking about playing football in college, and then probably playing at the next level. I'm sure Devine is really picking his school based on acedemics. When your plans are to play some college ball, and then move to the next level, most could care less about classes. Not saying it is right, but its true.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know what he was talking about, but Devine is going to a prep school somewhere and waiting another year to sign with a college team. Looks like you 'eers are gonna have to wait another year.... HAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

talk about haters.....you cry around and act like a lil b**** when someone jokes around about another thug going to vt and you wonder why people have to hate on vt.....lol....this is why people hate on vt

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know what he was talking about, but Devine is going to a prep school somewhere and waiting another year to sign with a college team. Looks like you 'eers are gonna have to wait another year.... HAHAHA

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we will do ok without him HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

talk about haters.....you cry around and act like a lil b**** when someone jokes around about another thug going to vt and you wonder why people have to hate on vt.....lol....this is why people hate on vt

[/ QUOTE ]

WHOA WHOA BIG GUY. I didn't say a damned thing about him being a thug. I was laughing at y'all being so pumped that he was signed to WVU when he really wasn't. You need to actually read and try to understand what I'm saying before you go off ranting. I know I know, I did the same thing.... except I didn't make any off color remarks about this kid and his past. In fact, he's gonna go to prep school to raise his academic standing, an INCREDIBLE decision if you ask me. He actually cares if he has a future after football or instead of football.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/players/02/07/surprises/index.html

No. 5 is about Devine.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WHOA WHOA BIG GUY. I didn't say a damned thing about him being a thug. I was laughing at y'all being so pumped that he was signed to WVU when he really wasn't. You need to actually read and try to understand what I'm saying before you go off ranting. I know I know, I did the same thing.... except I didn't make any off color remarks about this kid and his past. In fact, he's gonna go to prep school to raise his academic standing, an INCREDIBLE decision if you ask me. He actually cares if he has a future after football or instead of football.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/players/02/07/surprises/index.html

No. 5 is about Devine.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...dude, i'm just messin wit ya.

everyone points out the bad things about hated teams....lol...i dont care if you laugh at wvu for not getting devine....wish we couldve got him but hey we still have slaton

Guest JJBrickface

and we got Terence Kerns who is going to be a damn good back.