Team to Beat

Cola

Richlands is losing a talented QB from last year, but they recover very well with Thad Wells as a strong athlete and a well rounded team. Look for a District Champion( + ).

I think it's pretty obvious that the road to a SWD title runs through Bluefield, Virginia. However, that's not to say that either Grundy or Richlands won't win the crown as both are returning very solid teams. It would appear that this will be the most competitive and highly contended SWD crown in a long time...

[ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty obvious that the road to a SWD title runs through Bluefield, Virginia. However, that's not to say that either Grundy or Richlands won't win the crown as both are returning very solid teams. It would appear that this will be the most competitive and highly contended SWD crown in a long time...

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anything is obvious...

smile.gif

Should be some good football to watch though!

Graham is the champs so the title does go through them. I just read online too they are the number #3 ranked team in AA.They are the team with the big bullseye on them but that goes with being champs. SO way I see it Graham is the team to beat. Thats not taking anything from anyone just quoting a true legend "to be the man you have to beat the man" (Flair) lol. I also agree this will be the most competitive SWD battle, in my opinion, ever. Graham and Richlands lost their best player but return a lot of people so are more balanced and grundy was balanced to start with so its gonna be an all out war. I have waited 9 months for SWD play. I cant wait. I hope everyone attends their teams games and packs the stadium. I know I will never miss a game. Gonna be fun and exciting. Lot of good players to watch in the SWD. Heck I know of like 5 players at least that have colleges looking at them.

SO DONT MISS A SINGLE GAME!!

Richlands will compete for the SWD championship this year,theres no mistake about that. But so will Grundy,I'm not writing off Graham either but I think it will come down to us and Grundy.

Let's Go Blues

IMHO Richlands can win the SWD. The toughest games are away but Richlands brings more fans with them than any team I have ever seen. The loss of Brown at QB is big but I think a QB that doesn't make too many mistakes is all that is needed. Losing Brown at CB might be bigger IMHO.

What concerns me is the Richlands coaches don't always make the best decisions in close games. They could have won the Graham game last year but did a terrible job calling plays late in the game. Same with the Tazewell game, they came up empty on four tries inside the Tazewell five.

I think Graham and Grundy will be as strong as ever, Tazewell has to be better, and CC should'nt be counted out either. It will be a fun season.

The reason Richlands will be tough is all around talent, we have 16 seniors returning with most of them three year starters, they have plenty of depth in critical positions. defensive side of the ball is our strength, these kids want to hit and they do it very well, the JJ kelly scrimage wasnt a good showing,but they will be tested on the 27th when they travel to Gate City. I dont plan to miss a game.

I don't know if I want to go to GC v. Richlands or the Graham - Bluefield game...Grundy plays on Sat so I can catch one or the other...leaning towards Richlands...but I have always wanted to go see the big show in Bluefield...lol.

Damn..decisions...hmmmm.

Either way we go,we know whos gonna win lol.Nah just play its anybodys game until the buzzer goes off for the end of the game.

Honaker Vs Richlands be there.

<font color="blue"> </font> Lets Go Blues

Richlands fans, please ask yourselves these questions. Can you really measure how good your offense will be against J.J. Kelley? I promise you competing for the district title against Graham and Grundy, and the Region IV Division IV title against Magna Vista will be quite different.

I don't doubt that Richlands will be very good. But please look before you leap.

The SWD will run through Graham this year and home field advantage within the district with the exception of carroll co. will help. Maybe one of the best defense's in years at Graham and a lot of return starters on offense, yeah we miss Ahmad but we will carry on.

Good luck to all teams, its going to be a great year for football

Sandman, I put no stock into the Kelly scrimage at all. I am measuring how good Richlands will be based on what I know about Richlands from watching every game, from the number of returning starters and how good I felt they were at the end of last season...including the game @ Magna Vista.

There is no doubt in my mind that Richlands has the talent to win they SWD. I think the only thing that can stop them is the fact that they have to play @ Graham and Grundy, and they have a tendancy to come out on the losing end of close games, due mostly to poor decision making in crucial situations.

I could be completely wrong but based on what I know of the SWD Richlands should be considered the team to beat.

• 1 month later...