Richlands destroys Grundy 39-14

Lance

Well, first off...I'd like to say congrats to Richlands for handing our asses to us tonight, you guys played a great game and just flat out took it to us. Wells did a great job of throwing the ball deep and making it count every time, you offense and defense looked good all night. Jennings had a heck of a runback for a TD, you guys should enjoy watching him for a long time to come...good things in store for that young man.

Second...

Grundy stunk the place up...they did something they had not done in the first two games, turnovers and penalties. Richlands was able to keep our defense on the field all night and just wore us down. Garon Marcum had two punt returns for fumbles deep in Waveland and Richlands was able to make us pay for that by racking up 12 points off the mistake. Garon also showed you guys some flash with a nice little 60+ yard TD, so don't go talking trash about anyone with the last name Marcum...because Arron was looking good all night making plays on defense and good yardage on the ground on offense. Bronson had a great catch for a TD and Ashby made a good catch...that was about it as far as positives go for Grundy.

Since most of Grundy's kids play both sides of the ball...once the defense got worn down they were not able to recover much on offense either...Aaron Looney had some hard yardage on offense and made some great hits on defense as well.

Overall, the kids from Grundy should not let this loss get them down...you guys will have days like this...and you have to win and lose with respect...learn from it, and go out next week and get it back on track. We still have a lot of football to play this year...so suck it up and take it like a man...next weeks a whole new ballgame.

Richlands, you guys beat a good team tonight, although the score might not show it and they may have looked bad...they are a better team than what you guys saw tonight.

And to Garon Marcum...I'm proud of you bro...don't worry about it and keep the faith...lots of football to play still and this is just one bad game...remember the goals you set for yourself before the season started and make them happen.

Congrats again to Richlands on winning.

[ QUOTE ]

Since most of Grundy's kids play both sides of the ball...once the defense got worn down they were not able to recover much on offense either...

[/ QUOTE ]

When there is 25 to 35 kids standing on the sideline, probably 20 or more of them never even seeing the field ONCE all night, that is not an excuse.

I came to watch this game, expecting to see an all out war. Only problem was, Grundy was playing at half speed all night while Richlands went full throttle.

Special teams were huge all night (Grundy's fumbles; the Jennings kid with the punt return TD), easily the biggest factor of all. However, Richlands won the war in the trenches, basically mauled Grundy's offense 95% of the time. Grundy could not establish the passing game, and quite frankly Theo just didn't look comfortable at all when dropping back.

Richlands looks really strong; Grundy did not seem to be ready for a war (yes, scheduling easy Ky teams hurt the Wave).

Josh...

yeah and a lot of those kids are 10 9th graders and 10 10th graders....and Grundy lost a starting lineman on the first series...that hurt. Grundy put the best players on the field..thats all they could do...I'm all for kids playing and getting in the game, but tonight was not a time to be putting those kids out there...Richalnds kept their starters in until late in the 4th and they were too much for the starters...much less the 2nd team...and the coaches did sub in a lot of the kids...so go back to Hurley with your stupid crap.

and as far as i know "ass" is still PG-13 Mr. Bluefield...lol.

You know as well as I do that almost every kid who starts for Grundy this year either saw significant PT or started as 9th and 10th graders. Tonight, it probably wouldn't have mattered, but there is no point in getting rude is there?

Most of Grundy's subs had to do with the offensive backfield and WRs, depending on what formation they planned to run. Fresh man in the backfield or at WR all night, but the line blocking for them was out there from start to finish. Those kids were in a war all night; getting one of them a break every now and then could not have hurt.

BTW, if you put any clips up of this game (you or somebody you know typically uploads clips), try to get a clip of Garon's TD run. I loved #52 Breck Stiltner's pancake block 30 yards downfield that cleared the way. I want to see that again, if possible.

I'm not trying to be rude, but man...you are way off base on this one, and I didn't film the game tonight, I just wanted to be a fan and watch and that's hard to do when you tape. I'd like to see the run again myself.

As for the subs, I still think they did what they could do...the best players were on the field all night and they just played a bad game for whatever reason...thats all there is to it...Richlands was the better team tonight. Let it go man.

Letting go...

(gotta get up at @ 7am for the trip to Montcalm; you better be glad Lance or else we'd be replying back and forth until daylight! wink.giflaugh.gif)

Report on that one tomorrow night. Somebody else, please hassle Lance for me just a bit.

I will give Richlands their dues, they played a good game and we were way off par. But I thought it was pretty tasteless and unclassy of them to pull their buses right over from the field to have a little block party with yelling and taunting while the traffic passed them by.

I have no clue how the game went actually during the game but all I need to judge this game is the score... 39-14... Grundy had to of as Lance said "stunk up the field." I give all dues to Richlands for coming up there makin it all business and I don't know what they did exactly after the game but for them to "party" they have all right to... This would be concidered from polls to be an UPSET.... From what all I have heard and seen on this and everywhere else Grundy was suppost to "kill" richlands... All dues to Richlands. But 2 weeks Richlands will be the deciding factor for you all. GOOD JOB RICHLANDS! But... still G-MEN KILLED MARION! (had to throw it in)

Go G-Men!

G-Men Pride!

Richlands had a great night and will use this to build on. Sorry GHS70, we have the ABingdon Falcons next and you host Va. High. but dont worry, The Storm is coming and your in it's path. lol

Despite having said he could care less how big richlands is...grundy's lil 5' qb was scared. With big 71, 74, 60, 88, 45, and 76 breathing down his neck all night...he wanted out fast...good job blue, nice show marcum

3 kids get in your face talking trash you will say stuff back. Richlands said stuff, Grundy said stuff. Its over. You won 1 game. We lost 1 game. Neither outcome can make or break this season. Both teams have 7 regular season games left and then the playoffs. Best to worry about the future not the past.

And if you want to get technical about it. One of garons fumbles was called fair catch but he was hit as he was receiving it. That means interference on Richlands. No call. And 13 carries for 104 is pretty good. Give him your line and I bet he racks up 250 in that game. No one person can do it by themselves. We sucked. You won. Congrats no go run your mouth on Graham not because I want you to but because everybody knows your gonna.

GO GMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hold On, No one in their right mind would say the Marcums had a bad game. Wake up! J. Marcum. Richlands didnt play "The Marcums". The Blues played the Golden Wave. I know your proud of them and you should be. But you have been selling a product with a "Guarantee", and the customer will respond. Calm down kid. they are doing fine, hell, I enjoyed watching them. But I was there to see a game not two players. I am proud of any kid that gets out there and plays the game on the field. And when they leave the field, they know they left their best on the field. If they dont, then they hurt themselves and they hurt the TEAM.

[ QUOTE ]

Congrats no go run your mouth on Graham not because I want you to but because everybody knows your gonna.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy that's the pot calling the kettle black. I've never heard so much trash talk as was coming out of Grundy for a solid week.

The Marcum brothers are as good as advertised. No doubt about it. I enjoyed watching them both.

[ QUOTE ]

This would be concidered from polls to be an UPSET.... From what all I have heard and seen on this and everywhere else Grundy was suppost to "kill" richlands...

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually ghs70, I wouldn't consider this an upset. Most of what I heard/read was that it would be a close game. I personally thought it could go either way. Grundy was only supposed to "kill" Richlands by their own prognostication.

I hope the Richlands kids don't put any stock in the Graham loss to Bluefield because I don't think it means squat. It's going to be a tough game on the 25th. I just hope VT plays NCST during the day so I won't have to miss the game in Bluefield.

<font color="red"> </font> Grundy could not establish the passing game, and quite frankly Theo just didn't look comfortable at all when dropping back.

How could he be? with the richlands d-line giving hime so little time, there was no where to go. By the way how is number 73? What happened to him and is he okay?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Since most of Grundy's kids play both sides of the ball...once the defense got worn down they were not able to recover much on offense either...

[/ QUOTE ]

When there is 25 to 35 kids standing on the sideline, probably 20 or more of them never even seeing the field ONCE all night, that is not an excuse.

I came to watch this game, expecting to see an all out war. Only problem was, Grundy was playing at half speed all night while Richlands went full throttle.

Special teams were huge all night (Grundy's fumbles; the Jennings kid with the punt return TD), easily the biggest factor of all. However, Richlands won the war in the trenches, basically mauled Grundy's offense 95% of the time. Grundy could not establish the passing game, and quite frankly Theo just didn't look comfortable at all when dropping back.

Richlands looks really strong; Grundy did not seem to be ready for a war (yes, scheduling easy Ky teams hurt the Wave).

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Lance's point is Grundy spent more time on defense than Richlands, which made them very tired. When the Grundy offense did get on the field they were exausted from playing defense and couldn't get much done. Richlands on the other hand spent more time on offense than Grundy, and when their defense came on the field they were much less tired. This happens because playing defense is much more tiring than offense.