Week 5 Predictions

trumpet1988

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

The Blues are going into Mitchell Stadium and unless some unforseen happenings. They will win by 3 touchdowns.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love when folks get full of confidence and make bold predictions...

I apologize, thats not like me, It should be a good game, But i did get to see them play tonite and I do see some mis-matches. But Richlands will have to stop that passing game. Carlock is running more sweeps then Ive ever seen in over twenty years

Who cares! Its a prediction not the title to your vehicle your staking on your word. Shoo. I got news for ya GMAN tonight there are a lot of people in Richlands and Graham that think their team will win this one. Because one guy put down his prediction oh lord its the end of the world. Nope. Life goes on. The game is still played on the field. What COLA said has no outcome on the game. You believe in that IDIOTIC Oliver Wolfing Theory too much. Shooo I cant believe thats still on the site.

Heres my prediction. Which will in no way determine a victor. Richlands 35 Graham 14. Same score they beat us by. Won't matter if you turn the ball over or not they are on a roll and will keep on going into the playoffs. I personally am going for Graham but I dont see it happening. If it does then Great, if not they tried their best.

Tazewell 27

Abingdon 21

Gate City 56

Lee County 7

Haysi 28

Honaker 20

Richlands @ Graham - I caught the VHS @ Graham game tonight. Graham has a nice defense but the offense didn't look as potent as years past. Henry is a nice back. The QB (Matthews?) has a strong arm but might not be as accurate as he needs to be. Richlands is the real thing this year. They can run, they can pass, and they play lights out defense, but the real strength might be special teams. They have blocked at least 3 kicks, and Jennings is a huge threat on returns. They can, and do score three different ways. This game means a lot to both teams as the winner will be in the SWD drivers seat but I think Richlands ends the losing streak this year. Tornado 35 G-Men 14.

Last week 4-0

Season 10-2

Come on BigD, the same score as me. Ahhhh make it one point different lol. Just kidding with ya. See this man knows his predictions. I will have to make some more. Ill challenge Big D the rest of the season and we will see who comes out on top lol. You up for it BigD?

G-Man, I dont disrespect noone in the SWD, But seriously, this year and next year, Richlands brings depth to the playing field. They dont have one weapon as in recent years, they spread it around. Their special teams are alreay getting attention and they havent opened up the bag o tricks yet. I made this years predictions 5-6 years ago, This group of young men were once a group of ten year olds that would make pads POP, They are due. The STORM is COMING.

[ QUOTE ]

Come on BigD, the same score as me. Ahhhh make it one point different lol. Just kidding with ya. See this man knows his predictions. I will have to make some more. Ill challenge Big D the rest of the season and we will see who comes out on top lol. You up for it BigD?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bring it on Jimmy! cool.gif

You can't win a football game if you can't score points. Graham shut out both Marion and Virginia High (who many thought could easily win), and held a strong Blacksburg team to six. With the exception of being machined at the hands of the Beavers, I've been highly impressed with Graham's play on defense, though the offense concerns me (and so does Mahood's leg). Richlands is 3-1. Graham is 3-1. It should be an exciting, low-scoring contest, with any team score over 20 points seen as ludicrous. Graham: 10, Richlands: 7 in a defensive struggle.

[ QUOTE ]

Open-????, I have never heard of Open, KY. Gundy goning to win another one. Just kidding people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another good question: Where is Gundy? I haven't heard of that one either. j/k grin.gif

Cant score points ?, Alright my prediction stands The STORM is coming, 3 Touchdowns, and to add salt to the wound , I have now seen all SWD teams in action, If Grundy finds one young player to step up on the line, They too will come away with a victory when they play Graham. They bring a lot of talent , they will be tough. Not saying Graham doen't have talent and they blanked two schools in a row, but I saw what they blanked last night and I wouldn't get real excited.

[ QUOTE ]

You can't win a football game if you can't score points. Graham shut out both Marion and Virginia High (who many thought could easily win), and held a strong Blacksburg team to six. With the exception of being machined at the hands of the Beavers, I've been highly impressed with Graham's play on defense, though the offense concerns me (and so does Mahood's leg). Richlands is 3-1. Graham is 3-1. It should be an exciting, low-scoring contest, with any team score over 20 points seen as ludicrous. Graham: 10, Richlands: 7 in a defensive struggle.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like low-scoring defensive battles but having seen both teams I don't think it will happen. Graham has a nice defense for sure but after watching the game last night I think Richlands is considerably better. I beleive Richlands will use a combination of offense, defense, and special teams to score the 35 points I predicted. I don't think the Graham offense will do too much because the Richlands' defense is just too fast. They might catch them off guard for a long run or two like Grundy and Abingdon but not much more.

I know 35-14 is a bold prediction, and I don't want to sound like I'm talking smack because I do respect Graham and coach Carlock. I would have predicted a closer score if I hadn't seen the game last night. Graham won 25-0 but the game was closer than the score and VHS really isn't very good this year.

Va High gave up the ball way to much, and just like I said in the Grundy/Richlands game, you can't play like that against anyone and expect to win.

That said, the G-Men defense does go well to the ball and are always in the right place at the right time. I see them at times looking lazy and waiting around for the ball to come to them though...you do that against Richlands and you'll be seeing Ringstaff or Jennings gone before you know what hit you. If they can kick it up a notch or two and get a little more aggressive I think they will stand a chance of holding Richlands to maybe 21 points...question is can you score enough to keep up with them? I think not. The Richlands Defense is too much this year for Graham.

Richlands 42

Graham 15

That's my only prediction for this week since the others are looking so one sided. I have no idea about the Tazewell game...week off could do them good or bad and I don't know what to think about Abingdon at this point either? confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I think richlands will run wild saturday. It will either be a close game or a blowout,no in between, but either way richlands will win. I hope so at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

so is the game on Sat or Fri? The swvafootball schedule shows it as a Friday game on the Richlands schedule and a Sat game for the Graham schedule??? confused.gif : confused.gif

I think we have alot to worry about in this game. I mean come on its the G-men and Coach Carlock always pulls something out of his hat.I believe Richlands though is the real deal. The line is coming together,and we got a whole lot of depth.

Richlands 42 G-men 21