Grundy 33-6

swva_fan

Congrats to Grundy. They came out with their game faces on ready to play football. They dominated, Graham had nothing going tonight. No excuses from this Graham fan. Great job by the Grundy players and coaches.

Im kinda surprised by the score there....Grundy must have jus wanted it more or it was just closer than the score shows?..Nebody lemme know?..I thought the two teams were pretty even on my opinion from playing them myself....good luck to both tho!..GO BLUES!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Im kinda surprised by the score there....Grundy must have jus wanted it more or it was just closer than the score shows?..Nebody lemme know?..I thought the two teams were pretty even on my opinion from playing them myself....good luck to both tho!..GO BLUES!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

it wassn't even as close as the score looks...grundy dominated the game from the first whistle..graham got a charity call on a roughing the kicker and grundy let up on the blitz for a play or two and graham scored on a long pass play...great job by the grundy defense all night...they came ready to play this week and got up on graham early on two garon marcum TD's...one of which was amazing...and then the flood gates opened...aaron marcum stripped a ball and matt lee picked it up and almost scored...was good to see big matt running the ball towards the endzone..lol.

Bronson Brown, John Brown, S. Baker, jimmy Ashby, Colby Owens, even my boy kevin Vandyke got in a couple of big hits tonight...and the return of Tigh Compton...welcome back Tigh...lol..all played great games.

Theo actually had time to throw the ball tonight and did a good job in several key situations...once threw the ball away which was smart...he just made the right choices all night...they didn't throw the ball towards #25, which was smart...this is the first game I have seen Graham play this year where he didn't get an INT.

The Grundy line looked good at times and bad at others...if they ever get 4 quarters out of the line someone is in big trouble. Receivers still watching the game downfield instead of blocking, but hey...they got the job done...still have a lot to work out though...take this win and build from it...party all weekend and get ready for Abingdon Monday...good job guys!

If I left someone out I'm sorry...lol.

And all you Richlands guys, we played you guys poorly that night...so don't judge us by that game and discount our schedule and those KY teams from here on out...ok?

[ QUOTE ]

Well congrats to Gundy then....and the rest of the season for them too...they most likely will not have nemore problems this year!.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tazewell and Carroll County are getting better every week...to overlook either would be a huge mistake.

We'll see Graham again in the playoffs...better play better than they did in the second half to beat them next time...Grundy still has much work to do.

Grundy won on team play. Nobody had an amazing game, but the team played great. Last year Graham ruined Grundy's homecoming with a thrashing, well payback is hell!Good Job Wave! Matt Lee, Penley, and Colby really stepped up! Garron had an amazing run in the first quarter. The rematch will not be this easy. I heard the Graham radio crew talking before the game saying if Graham lost they would not make the playoffs is this true?

[ QUOTE ]

FINALLY!!!!! i guess graham ain't so good if they don't have rickey williams jr....

GO WAVE FINALLY

YES

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon now man, don't be posting stuff like that. That looks bad on us as fans. Bradshaw was the focal point of the Graham offense and a big loss for their team. But he hasn't quit Marshall to go travel with musicians and smoke pot yet. If that ever happens, then you can call him Ricky Williams Jr. lol

Lance pretty much summed up our overall play. It was a good team effort. Our boys did pretty well with Garon (2 TDs, 1 of which was one of the sweetest runs I've seen in a long time) and A.W. (1 TD) running the ball solid. Aaron and Colby were just two of the monsters on defense all night that come to mind.

I think this game was a statement game and hopefully people will stop knocking our schedule and using the Richlands game as a measuring stick. Now it can be seen what this team is capable of, as they get ready for next week and beyond.

Lance, man... I dont know to much but.. wasn't it a good move by the grundy staff to move owens to the back field as a blocking back? As far as the score goes 33-6 isnt close.. and it wasn't as close as it sounds! Graham was not ready to play!! They had no answers for anything! But, we know about that to, refering to the Richlands game.

I think Graham had a gut check against Grundy last nite.. Now, it's gonna be heart and character!! If they dont beat Taze or Carroll... What will be the implications?? But, anyway.. Graham vs Taze looms huge in div 3!

Oh, and the poor Highlands teams... I'll say they go 0'fer in the SWD this season!! I hope I've kept up with it enough to be able to make this statement!! lol

va high has a good team, we may have to play them twice back to back...which we did a couple of years ago...won't be easy to beat them two weeks in a row.

the grundy tazewell game is the same type of game the grundy graham game is...tazewell will come ready to play and will be looking to knock us off...graham will be looking for revenge now in the playoffs...it's a long way to get out of the region.

as for graham not making the playoffs? that's crazy...they will have to drop at least 2 more games for that to happen...and i doubt it will...if anyone is on the bubble it's tazewell and martinsville.

graham played well the second half, although grundy was just trying to run the clock out and get out of there with the win...lol. They did pretty much shut down the run in the second half.

I have to throw one thing out there. Aaron Marcum week in and week out never gets any recognition. You watch the game film and you will see he played an amazing game. One thing you see too that as fullback early in the game he was absolutely laying the boom on Bovenizer(sorry if I mis) as the game goes on you can see he is just half speed and doesnt come through on defense with the intensity he first did. He is their best player and as far as I am concerned our best player took him out of the game.

If you want to know what Aaron brings to the game simply look at the forced fumble he caused to set up our first touchdown. The paper gives matt lee credit, wrong. Aaron Marcum hit henry and stripped him causing the fumble. Then he did an amzing job on a screen he sniffed out. The Graham back had three blockers in front of him. Only problem was aaron knew it was a screen and tackled the ball carrier before the blockers could block.

I just wanted to give him his due because he is never mentioned and he was last years MVP. Just watch him on film and he does some great things game in and game out. Good job Aaron and the rest of the Wave.

There is a lot more football to be played. ON to the next game.

the paper said matt lee "picked up a fumble" and he did..so that was correct...he didn'tcause it though, aaron did as you said...so thats correct...lol.

aaron played a great game, lot's of hits and tackles!

watching the game again, Theo was 4-8 passing, but 3 of those passes were pretty important. The pass that Bronson caught on the 1 yard line was awesome.

Just a great team effort, the defense looked great all night...every time graham tries to run, a host of wave defenders is all over the ball...awesome effort.

All i've got to say is, congrats. You dominated them all night, aaron marcum had a spectactular night as well as the entire defense, holding graham to negative yards total offense in the 1st half, and except fo one drive had a nearly flawless performance. i've got to give credit to the offensive line. they have played better than I would have thought them to, breck has been their most steady lineman, with ole matt lee blocking the snot out of people. I am very proud and extremly overjoyed to see grundy win this one, especially by this score. Hell of a job boys and i'll try to be at homecoming.

wisecav72