Best Running back in SWD???

hurtholdback12

Your right you cant compare Marcum to the Jones Brothers because hes not that good. Hes the best from the SWD but outside of the SWD hes just another average player on an average team. Grundy wont win state this year just like they never have in football. There not as good as people think they are. And Marcum can keep dreaming about being as great as he thinks he is

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough to compare Scammell to Marcum...hes family and was an awesome running back...but do you remember that offensive line he ran behind!...That team he played for was the best team that Grundy will ever put on the field....

and everybody that was there to watch those games...knows how bad it hurt to have them lose to Salem on a freakin neutral field in what was suppose to be a home game...

The weather...officiating and VHSL were all against Grundy that game...damn i still have bitter memories about that one...

Marcum is putting up some crazy numbers...thats for sure...put him behind a hoss of an offensive line and I would hate to know what he could do....

[ QUOTE ]

Your right you cant compare Marcum to the Jones Brothers because hes not that good. Hes the best from the SWD but outside of the SWD hes just another average player on an average team. Grundy wont win state this year just like they never have in football. There not as good as people think they are. And Marcum can keep dreaming about being as great as he thinks he is

[/ QUOTE ]

They're not saying that Marcum is as good as the Jones boys...not many from around here ever will be....

but his stats are comparable...

as far as a state title in football...we may get one someday...and we won't have to um...cheat to do it...haha had to go there!...j/k to all the descent richlands people that post

The one thing that always gets me when someone talks about the weather being against them is: WELL UH, THE OTHER TEAM HAD TO PLAY IN IT TOO YA KNOW!!!!!! DID IT BOTHER THEM???

Just never have believed much in the weather being against someone.

When it's wet, muddy, rainy or whatever guess what? Both teams are playing in it. And it's the same if it's clear and dry. Two teams, one weather. They are both in it.

THIS HAS NEVER BEEN AN EXCUSE WITH ME.

I THINK IT'S A JOKE TO SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

IT'S THE SAME TEAMS IN WHATEVER WEATHER CONDITION. They both have to play in it.

man lordie mercy..I know the weather is against both teams...it definitely hurt grundy's team that game...not like I meant it didn't hurt Salem's as well...maybe i shoudl have reworded taht....but it definitely slowed down a high powered Grundy offense...

i never said it wasn't against both teams...

the cleat thing was a joke man...chill out

[ QUOTE ]

The one thing that always gets me when someone talks about the weather being against them is: WELL UH, THE OTHER TEAM HAD TO PLAY IN IT TOO YA KNOW!!!!!! DID IT BOTHER THEM???

Just never have believed much in the weather being against someone.

When it's wet, muddy, rainy or whatever guess what? Both teams are playing in it. And it's the same if it's clear and dry. Two teams, one weather. They are both in it.

THIS HAS NEVER BEEN AN EXCUSE WITH ME.

I THINK IT'S A JOKE TO SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

IT'S THE SAME TEAMS IN WHATEVER WEATHER CONDITION. They both have to play in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would agree that weather isn't an excuse when it comes to things like the ball being hard to catch, hard to hold onto excetera, because that does effect both teams. It can however be an equalizer that usually favors the underdog. Especially if one team is faster than the other.

Blues 5 man I never said I was great or anything. I'm an average joe. I dont think i'm the best or that i'm the best running back ever. I dont know where you get your info from man. Dont hate on me if you dont know me bro.

~This message isn't for hate, disrespect or tryin to piss someone off. I just wanted to tell you that I dont think i'm a god and i'm a good guy if you got to know me. You cant always believe rumors because you know how people talk.~

[ QUOTE ]

Blues 5 man I never said I was great or anything. I'm an average joe. I dont think i'm the best or that i'm the best running back ever. I dont know where you get your info from man. Dont hate on me if you dont know me bro.

~This message isn't for hate, disrespect or tryin to piss someone off. I just wanted to tell you that I dont think i'm a god and i'm a good guy if you got to know me. You cant always believe rumors because you know how people talk.~

[/ QUOTE ]

That was very touching but cain is a much better back, and richlands second string rb caleb jennings is a much better back then marcum too!

Jennings is good...but he'll be better next year...I don't have his stats so i don't have any way of doing a comparison with him in the mix.

I still think Marcum is by far the better of the three...but I get to watch him play more so I am biased in that respect, but at least the numbers support what I say.

It's fun to talk about, but it's kinda old now so..i don't know what else you could really add to this post at this point...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That was very touching but cain is a much better back, and richlands second string rb caleb jennings is a much better back then marcum too!

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands8, Jennings will get his chance next year. Marcum and Ringstaff are both great backs this year. Mr Primetime made a very humble post directed to you. He didn't have to do that. Your response wasn't cool.

[ QUOTE ]

don't forget Marcum is just a JR so we can have this same dumb argument next year to with Jennings stats...lol.

grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The way we're going we will probably have it in this same thread smirk.gif

thus...the humor of it all.

I'm out guys...tomorrow is homecoming at Grundy, if you are off this week, come on over and watch the game. Although I'd probably go to the Graham/Tazewell game if given the choice...lol.

that wasn't the right think to say 8...i think you have to look at it this way...they are different

backs with different running styles so you can't compare them...and you can't bring caleb into

the picture because he only gets about 3 carries a game this year...and i wish people would stop

mixin me up with that blue5ramblin guy...he said that stuff not me

C'mon Lance, is that the best you can do, in downing and trying to show that Hurley (one of the smallest schools in Virginia) cannot hold a light to Grundy?

You wanna compare the money that goes into the coaching staff, facilities (i.e., weight rooms), number of kids, etc.,?

Sure, it's fun to say Hurley isn't a powerhouse, but do you exactly consider Grundy a powerhouse to? I don't see Grundy nor at anytime have I ever seen Grundy as a team that other teams fear to play?

That's the prime example of being a powerhouse. You want to see a powerhouse, go look at teams in VA like Gate City, Powell Valley because year after year they just bring it.

Sure Grundy wins their fair share of games, but it's against teams they SHOULD beat.

Yeah, Grundy had a nice run a couple of seasons ago and came up short, but how many times has Hurley did the same exact thing?

The face of the county has changed, and every single thing in it is circled solely around Grundy, so it has EVERY SINGLE advantage in the world.

If that's certain things you want to brag about, then to me, it shows that you grasp at straws to show some type of inferiority complex.

I guess playin' biatch to Richlands just wears on you to that point, ay? ooo.gif

Seriously, just because a Hurley poster doesn't speak highly of Grundy doesn't mean you have to pounce on them and try and bust their balls. If it was the case, Richlands posters should be laying the smack down on you for basically anything and everything, shouldn't they?