SWD jerseys!

pistol4

I believe it was Lance who jokingly said that we should argue about jersey colors in the best running back post, and then i got to thinkin...

Please feel free to poost your thoughts too, but try and keep these new jersey ideas not too far out, sticking to school colors.

First, Ill say that Graham would look awesome if they wore a white pant, with either a maroon shirt, a white shirt, or, my new idea, a gold shirt with maroon numbers... think about it

Grundy, i'd also like to see in maybe even a full uniform in their gold color, blue numbers. Also, they don't use any type of 'Wave' emblem on anything...

Richlands... ehhh... they reallly dont have much else to do... correct me if im wrong, but their only two colors are Navy and white, and they pretty much use every type of jersey combo with them.

Tazewell is the same way pretty much, i think. Although, im not sure but i dont think they have Green pants... that would look nice if they wore the right shirt.

And last, and least, Carroll County. Personally im not a big fan of anything Carroll County does, so i'll just say that before they get new jerseys, they should probably invest in a new team... grin.gif , but you didnt hear that from me.

Feel free to post any thoughts on any jerseys

Back in the 80s Richlands wore a blue & white version of Alabama's uniforms. Even had the numbers on one side of the helmets like Alabama did. I'd like to see them go back to those.

In the past Richlands has used light blue, red and grey/silver in their uniforms.

Richlands has been wearing blue/blue at home and white/blue on the road. I like blue/white and white/white better.

I like Grundy's colors. Their unis look like Notre Dame except I believe they wear blue pants on the road?

Graham is another team that wears dark/dark at home. I hate that look unless it's only done once in a while for a really big game.

I don't care much for the new style uniforms but Carroll County's aren't bad.

Tazewell used to have some gold in their uniforms. They should bring that back.

Now before everyone makes fun of this thread, when I was growing up I remember teams like Graham and Tazewell looked really intimidating because of the sharp uniforms they wore. They both had "old school" stripes back then

I would actually like to see each team have a jersey reserved for district games.

Tazewell would look good with Black Jerseys with Green numbers and White trim.

I think Graham would look good in a jersey that looks like Va. Techs new home jerseys.

Richlands should pick up the Penn State look with the white helmets and basic blue and with jerseys.

I would like to see Grundy use more gold besides their helmets since they are the "golden wave." And like pistol 4 said bringing the "Wave" emblem into the jersey would look good too.

And Carroll County needs to get rid of those ugly two-toned jerseys with the silver shoulders and blue body. And pick up either a basic silver jersey with blue numbers or blue with silver numbers that looks like the West Virginia Jerseys.

Richlands official colors are navy, silver, and white. Am I the only person from Richlands who remembers the silver helmets with silver shirts/pants worn during the Lee County regional game in 95 or so. Richlands warmed up in blue/blue went to the locker room and came out in all silver...it was crazy.

Those unis looked very nice. The story in the papers was they were purchased with funds donated anonymously. What happened to those things. Ever since I was in school, players loved the blue/blue combo.

I've never been taken with Tazewell's unis. Graham has awesome ones and I'm not sure I'd like the white pants. I just don't think white pants and anything looks good. Been gone to long to remember what Carroll looked like. No uniform IMHO matches those silver ones the Big Blue wore that day. I think they wore them a couple more times.

I like the Blue/Blue look we got this year.what would be awesome is the Silver up the sides of the blue jerseys and silver#'s. To bad we dont have the money or any school have the money ot have seperate helmets for away games.I remember the Silver Uni's.I found a silver jersey way back when I threw shot and discus.I know we used to use the old pants for pratice pants.

Tazewell's Uni's this year dont match one bit at least wear green pants to go with the green stripes up the side and white ones to go with the green Jerseys.

I agree with ya'll on Grundy and Graham's uni's.

I was in Richmond in 95' so I missed the all silver look.

Off and on for the past few years Richlands has worn silver pants with blue/white stripes. Haven't seen them this year though.

Haven't seen the white pants since the loss at Gate City.

I agree with RHSDE60 about the new helmets. They are nice. I hate those blue pants though.

Tazewell used to have green pants that they would wear occasionally. I know they had them in the mid/late 90s for sure. I thought they still had them. They were a kelly green color, which is a brighter shade of green than the forest green on the current jerseys. The jerseys were also a brighter green then. And Tazewell actually has three colors: green, white, and yellow. I hope they never use yellow as the major color on any athletics uniforms though.

Back when we played Tazewell...they had Green Jerseys, Helmets, and pants...the pants had white and yellow stripes and the jerseys had white numbers outlined in yellow...i saw a pic the other day looking through some old boxes of stuff in my garage...it was from an old Tazewell/Grundy game and that's what they had.

I liked Grundy's old white jerseys with the blue numbers outlined in gold...they had Grundy written on them and a little wave design on them... They had yellow helmets back then, and painted them blue...which was interesting....lol...I still have mine somewhere...it has a sticker that says WAVE between the face mask bolts...and there are little yellow wave stickers they gave us to put on them for good plays or whatever.

I personally think we need to put some silver back on our uniforms to make us stand out more. I mean come on Abington uses the same color scheme as us except for the helmets. What would be cool is a white helmet with the logo we are using this year done in blue with blue stripes up the middle the helmet