Scores for 10-15-04

RHSDE60

[ QUOTE ]

It's Tazewell first win over Graham since 1988..

[/ QUOTE ]

Tazewell defeated Graham 21-14 in the 1st round of the VHSL playoffs in 1999. Still, it's only the second win for Tazewell since Graham emerged from its mid-1980s-funk.

I thought the only baseball going on was in St. Louis and Boston...those 7-5 scores have my sports senses all messed up. tongue.gif

Tazewell 7, Graham 5

Honaker 51, Twin Springs 22

Gate City 13, Clintwood 3

Appalachia 27, Coeburn 7

Haysi 30, Pound 6

Rye Cove 44, Thomas Walker 14

Castlewood 19, Ervinton 6

George Wythe-Wytheville 39, Chilhowie 0

Lebanon 54, Holston 14

Rural Retreat 27 or 28, Patrick Henry 21 (OT)

Tug Valley 6, Hurley 2

Grundy 54, Abingdon 13

Marion 50, Lee 8

John I. Burton 61, Twin Valley 12

Powell Valley 50, JJ Kelly 0

John Battle 33, Northwood 26

Carroll County 28, Abingdon 25

congrats to bluefield quite frankly though as far as graham and tazewell goes - i think graham needs a new quarterback -- seems like coaching is questionable why keep running robert henry up the middle when any opposing team is waiting on his route..they never play decent reserves...hate to say it but last year with bradshaw , it apparently was a one man wrecking crew........

Hey for those of you that get WDBJ...FFE...what happened to Salem???? the former...lmao...number one ranked team against C-Burg (36-35)?

Edit...C-Burg is undefeated. And Pulaski lost. Holy cow, I need to change my prediction post.

Edit 2...Can C-burg or Hidden Valley upset Gretna in Div. 3? Nah...

[ QUOTE ]

I don't know a lot about C'burg's history, but last night's win has to be among their biggest ever. And wow, Hidden Valley put a hurting on Pulaski at Pulaski 31-6...

[/ QUOTE ]

Pulaski was down 31 at the half...wow. So that was for all practical purposes a shutout. C-Burg was behind for the entire game until the end. Maybe these two can shake up Div. 3 against Gretna. I wouldn't put my money on it but maybe. Goes to show divisions make no difference in group play; of course, the accountants for the VHSL would have you believe otherwise.