Bluefield plays Lee next?????

Lance

I heard on the radio after the Bluefield game that they played Lee next week? Is this true? and if so will the Beavers send the JV team down to do the dirty work and let the starters have a week off? grin.gif

I hope it's like last year when the varsity didn't even finish the first quarter b/c of the lopsided score. It's a 10th game and better than no game at all, but I certainly hope the series is over after next Friday night.

Lance, should I start a poll asking people to vote on who they think will win? wink.gif

i was not joking...if i were bluefield i wouldn't risk injury in this game...i'd let the starters watc this one from the sideleine and let the youger guys do the dirty work...still wont be close. Playoffs a week away, i wouldnt risk it.

I'd really like to play someone the caliber of Grundy and Gate City. Many of the VA teams that were previously on the Bluefield schedule aren't as competitive on a regular basis now, such as Richlands.

from what i heard Grundy tried to schedule Bluefield again this year (for next year) and they told them they wanted both games to be played at Bluefield....no home game for Grundy. Take what you will from that, but I dont blame Grundy for not doing that, as much as I would like to see them play. Maybe something will happen, I think Grundy needs 4 to 6 games for next season still.

That would be the season to schedule bluefield, when it's known they'll likely rebuild, not suggesting that's the reason grundy would consider it, just sayin it would be a wise start to a series with bluefield it would seem.

Anyhow, what's the reason grundy has to schedule 4 - 6 games, is there some change with grundy in a district or something?

They have been trying to schedule them for a while now, and they had Powell Valley on a couple of years ago and PV dropped them...GC dropped them a few years ago...va high and marion have dropped them this year. Last I heard they were talking to Belfry and Pikeville and some other schools in KY that would be AAA teams in VA.

I don't think it's to much to ask for 1 home game and 1 away game in a 2 year deal...do you?

How can you fault playing Lee...a certified OPEN week + win. Typical. They give up a long drive that's all. Or I suppose you could choose Richlands who has been "inconsistent" -- lmfao -- for the last 100 years as some would have you believe and drive 35 minutes. Yes, I would choose the consistant Lee Generals.

Don't get me wrong bluefield has a great team this year, probably the best around. I've not seen them play. Probably would beat richlands this year. Iconsistent,though. Going on the last two times richlands/bluefield played. Bluefield beat richlands 17-14 in which somethings happened that i will not talk about. The previous year the score was you might say not even close. Richlands won 49-6. Maybe that is why blufield does not want to play richlands. Also if im not mistaken richlands has been in the playoffs with a winning record the last 5 or 6 years. I'm not actually for sure. But i would not give a reason of inconsitent to why bluefield and richlands do not play anymore.

Bluefield didn't drop Richlands, Richlands dropped Bluefield. The teams played four straight years, 1999-2002, with Bluefield winning three of the four games. The reason the series was stopped after the 2002 was b/c the SWD and Highlands was suppose to be combined into a single district. This would have meant those teams would only have two non-district games available each year. Richlands wanted to keep Gate City on the schedule along with another Virginia team such as Lebanon. They informed Bluefield in the summer of 2002 that they would be dropping them after the 2002 game. Of course, the whining from Lee High and Carroll County halted the combining of the Southwest and Highlands.

i agree I think playing those tougher teams not only increases your points if you win but toughens you up for the playoffs. It also makes for more exciting games. The last couple of richlands games have not been very exciting. Except for the third quarter of the VA High game.

Also not disrespect for Bluefield fans and players for the previos post Just do not get were richlands has been as inconsistent as the SOURCE stated.

Absolutely! If you want to be the best, you have to play the best.

Not to mention the fact that a trip to Bluefield is much better than a trip to Lee. That's not a knock against Lee. Their stadium is first class and I like the traditions they have...but it's just so far away.