Question for Mavs Grad..

beaverball

I just read your post where you said Bluefield is beatable. Every team is beatable on any given Friday by ANY team. I have to ask you, If you were a coach how would you go about doing this. Apparently you spotted some weaknesses. I'm not going to argue this point with anyone, as the game is over now and it won't be as much fun. I have read all week about coaching costing the Mavs victories against Bluefield and other teams in the past. So again I pose the question to you and any other Mavs fans, How exactly do you stop Bluefield and score on Bluefield?

I was the one who predicted 49-6. If Davis hadn't been called down on the pass, he was well on his way to another score. That would have been a 41 point margin and I predicted a 43 point margin. We'll talk again in the playoffs or next year.

Oh, I'm not for a minute going to say that our coach was the reason we lost. There were some things he did that I didn't agree with but you have that with any coach.We got beat by a better football team. As for the beatable part, your run game wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I think that if Bluefield faces a team with a big line that can run the ball down your throat and has a defense that can stop the pass then Bluefield may be in trouble. Please don't talk to me about penalties, thats just an excuse. We get state appointed refs just like everyone else. Oh, yeah one of your touchdowns came as a result of the ref throwing a block for you on the sideline. Not to say you wouldn't have scored on the drive but he wouldn't have scored on that play. One thing thats true, regardless of refs, we only gave up three more points to Bluefield than Martinsburg and your starters played the entire game. What's up with that, trying to run up the score.

The running game is good and as good as last years. Bluefield didn't have to run the ball tonight. Their #1 tailback was out so why run when the pass is working. As for playing a big Offensive line, I guess you don't consider Martinburg's 300 pounders big. Martinsburg still was not able to run effectively. As for the points scored against you guys and Martinsburg that game was back and forth all night. This game was dominated in every aspect by the Beavers. James Monroe never stopped a Bluefield drive. Bluefield(with a little help fron certain individuals) stopped Bluefield. Like I said it could have easily been 48-0.

Actually we did stop one drive and you just backed up my point. You dominated the game and still only scored 34 points. Just think what would have happened had our offense been able to finish off drives. You wouldn't have had the ball as much and wouldn't have even scored 34 points. Look Bluefield controlled the game after the first quarter. We kept it close until halftime but you guys pulled away in the third quarter. I do look for Bluefield to have trouble getting back to Wheeling. Our guys played well against your run, injured Steptoe or not. The fact is you didn't get above the 40 point mark like you have done against most of your opponents.

[ QUOTE ]

The fact is you didn't get above the 40 point mark like you have done against most of your opponents.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes and James Monroe didn't score the average number of points Bluefield allows per game, in fact you didn't even score. That basically sums it up right there. You can deny it all you want, but we own you (what else is new?). It also really hurt my feelings that you said you see us having trouble getting back to Wheeling. That may very well happen, but I know that isn't completely true because we'll have at least one easy game if we face the Mavericks again.

P.S.

Get a pass defense.

[ QUOTE ]

You dominated the game and still only scored 34 points

[/ QUOTE ]

HELLO!!! The penalties ARE the only reason they didn't score more!!!

You guys from Monroe Co. are a little bit slow...aren't ya???

[ QUOTE ]

Speaking of slow, what's wrong with Graham this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's called playing a tough schedule. That is when you schedule teams that are as good or better than you. It usually results in a state championship from time to time. The Mavs should try it sometime.

i cant belive what i am reading!!! you people from monroe county are still running your mouth that you could have beat us!!! that has to be the most re-damn-diculos thing i have ever heard in my life. except the fact that you got taken behind the woodshed, we took your lunch money last night and hope you dont play us again!!!!!

dude, dont hate the game, hate yourself !!...there is always next year for your team to schedule some cupcakes and you can get your hopes built up after a great start..then have some good team shatter them...ya gotta lov that

convertedbeaver-Please show me on this string where any JM Fan said we could have beat you. No one said it. At least you could tell the truth if you're going to talk about the game. At least read the posts first. And by the way, who said it?

Seriously WHAT is your alls problem! lets talk about the 5 other threads before friday when the Mavs got off on talkin some smack... and now your gonna even imply you did good. Hello lets think about the score here. i dont know how yall were (repeat: WERE) undefeated unless you had a mickey mouse schedule because we took you for a ride. so anyway, let it go we win you lose so quit runnin your mouth. and btw thanks for the points ya boosted us up a little on the rankings

If the Mavs defense could defend the pass as good as these fans can talk then maybe just maybe the Mavs would have been in the game Friday night. Oh well, if "if's" and "but's" were candy and nuts we would all have a Merry Christmas.

Bluefield 34 James Monroe 0

Enuff Said

lets talk about the game there willie ol' boy all you are talking about is bluefields schedule!!!! YOU ARENT TALKING ABOUT THE GAME all i see from you is bluefiled vs montcalm and lee high. and look through the other threads your people were talking about how you guys were so tough and we couldnt win because of the weak schedule. just accept the loss and hope that next years rebuilding team dosent crush you again!!

i guess it's that weak schedule that puts us almost 2 full points ahead of everyone else in AA. we don't even have to go to Lee this week. we could take the L and still finish the season ranked #1. is that what a weak schedule does??? NO!!!!