AA Football - Weir? - Injustice?

builder

West Virginia football teams, players, and fans alike have been given the proverbial shaft by the WVSSAC. Everyone that keeps up with football in the state knows that an ineligible player participated for Weir in a couple of their victories. We also know that the ruling was made to not punish Weir for this "adninistrative blunder." Not only has the WVSSAC not given a public statement to clarify their ruling, they do not intend to. The powers that be in Parkersburg have decided that it is best for the general public (principals and athletic directors included) to be uninformed of the details of this situation. I do not know all the details involved but I think it is only fair that the schools in WV have this information to help avoid another situation of this manner. A school should be held accountable for mistakes as they have been in the past. The WVSSAC should come off of their high horse and explain, in detail, all the circumstances involved. Does Weir HS and WVSSAC have some sort of Doctor/Patient confidentiality. The people of WV deserve better. The team/teams that could possibly be affected by this ruling for the playoffs should be irate. Everyone involved in WV high school sports should call the WVSSAC and demand an explanation. WVSSAC (304)485-5494.

well if things go as the should and I know there is a lot of football that needs to be played here....but I suspect they will be traveling south for a semi-final game, which is better than playing them in their backyard on "the island"

However I do agree that the WVSSAC has no backbone but then what else is new?

I believe I would be more concerned about getting by Weir than teaching them a lesson. Weir is the only team that has a shot of beating Bluefield this year. They will be a tough out whoever plays them. And the only lesson JM could teach them is how to be 9-1, and soft as a marshmallow. Nothing personal, but Weir has been my pick to win AA all year. I hope Bluefield pulls it out this year, but after the last 3 finals appearances I still have a little doubt. I agree its much better to play them here than on the island.Whenever they play it should be as good or better than last year.

Weir is a good team, but I don't know if there is any AA team that is capable of covering Bluefield's passing game. The thing that makes it so dangerous is the fact that you can cover it well the entire game, but then one big pass later and you're in the hole.

I agree weir should be a formidable opponent, and in my honest opinion, the biggest threat to bluefield's title expectations as well, with all due respect to wayne and other aa teams. Although I'm certain wayne would be a formidable team also.

Even so they have 1 game, and 2 potential playoff victories before weir is a concern.

In '03 I thought bluefield weir better than the score indicated, but weir had that 1 reciever and 1 pass play bluefield simply couldn't stop, this season bluefield's pass d is considerably stronger with davis and repass, and weir doesn't have that reciever.

They do have a strong ground game with a big strong rb something bluefield really hasn't faced in '04, and while in my opinion I doubt any d in aa could stop bluefield's o, a team such as weir could potentially use a strong ground game to limit bluefield's possesions and make it a quick game, something that with their rb and strength, I would expect them to do.

That said if bluefield and weir do play in the semis, it might be a different style game than '03.For some reason this season seems oddly the way graham's '01 season was, where their o seemed unstoppable, through the season and especially in the playoffs, but a strong ground game by harrisonburg was the difference in the title game.

[ QUOTE ]

but a strong ground game by harrisonburg was the difference in the title game.

[/ QUOTE ]

And mother nature. Credit Harrisonburg for having a great game plan against Graham in the title game, but the weather really hampered Graham's explosive offense.

granted I thought the wet turf was a factor also, seemed slick, but from the aspects of the game itself as was played, that was what I thought the real difference was.

As for graham traveling that day, hard to say how big a factor that was. I know bluefield traveled to wheeling for the title game, a 6 hour bus trip, the day of the game and for some reason they didn't show up till an hour or something before the game.

What was the reason for that anyhow? Bus trouble?

I have talked to several players from that 2001 Graham team and they told me that Carlock refused an offer from Virginia Tech to stay on their campus that week and practice on the turf. Carlock obviously declined and I think that was a major factor in their loss.