thoughts & prayers

tom

[ QUOTE ]

steve banco (member of blfd. 84 aaa state championship team) was in a serious car accident (hit a deer) he is on a vent. with no responce, facial fractures, hip fracture,& pos. spinal cord injury. keep him in your prayers.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto on the prayers

how bad is the spinal cord injury...how high? do you know?

steve banco (member of blfd. 84 aaa state championship team) was in a serious car accident (hit a deer) he is on a vent. with no responce, facial fractures, hip fracture,& pos. spinal cord injury. keep him in your prayers.

I know steve well, he was 2 years behind me from elementary school at memorial on. That is upsetting and unfortunate to read for certain, my parents know his parents also. He is certainly in our prayers and we're going to see if we can learn anything else ourselves.

He also had a brother a few years behind him, mark banco.

[ QUOTE ]

I know steve well, he was 2 years behind me from elementary school at memorial on. That is upsetting and unfortunate to read for certain, my parents know his parents also. He is certainly in our prayers and we're going to see if we can learn anything else ourselves.

He also had a brother a few years behind him, mark banco.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really sad news about Steve. I lived across the street from him, we graduated together. My dad mentioned it tonight on the phone, but he wasn't sure how bad it was, other than mentioning that he had a serious hip injury and broke most of the bones in his face.

Mark is 3 years behind him, I think. He lives in NYC, last I heard.

Please keep the board updated on his condition. I hope Wendy is doing OK...I think their third child is less than a year old.

i played with steve when he was a sr and i was a soph... we work for the same company... worked summers together in the early 90's... have had infrequent contact since he went to PA... more info??????? this is disturbing????

From a friend of his mothers, she said he fractured almost every bone in his face and will require around 20 some surgeries over time to repair it. He was on a ventilator because of the massive swelling which made it hard for him to breath.

There was no mention of a spinal injury, fortunately, perhaps that was suspected or precautionary at 1st, but he did have a fractured femor. He is still in critical condition though, squeezing his hand as a response, likely still out of it because it was a head injury. Should be some time recovering, but at least to me that seems better than the 1st diagnose maybe.

Prayers for him and his family.

God bless.

[ QUOTE ]

From a friend of his mothers, she said he fractured almost every bone in his face and will require around 20 some surgeries over time to repair it. He was on a ventilator because of the massive swelling which made it hard for him to breath.

There was no mention of a spinal injury, fortunately, perhaps that was suspected or precautionary at 1st, but he did have a fractured femor. He is still in critical condition though, squeezing his hand as a response, likely still out of it because it was a head injury. Should be some time recovering, but at least to me that seems better than the 1st diagnose maybe.

Prayers for him and his family.

God bless.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can corroborate this...Trina (Steve's mom) and Mark were in shortly over the weekend, and talked to one of the neighbors.

Steve does have a long road ahead of him, but the word is, when all of the surgeries are done, he should be OK and still look like himself.