Richlands 32 Lebanon 0

BigD4VT

I said I thought this game could be really close, or one team could take the momentum and blow it open. We got both. For almost 3 quarters Lebanon played defense about as well as anyone I've seen this year. But near the end of the 3rd the Pioneers had their hands on their hips. Richlands, who does not wear down had a 12-0 lead at that point so I knew they would win the game.

What I didn't know was that Cain Ringstaff wasn't satisfied with his 140+ yard performance. He would add more than 100 yards and a pair of td's in the 4th.

Lebanon has a great team. Richlands depth just got the best of them tonight. Anyone who saw the game knows it was tight for 3 quarters. Richlands just exploded in the 4th like they have all year.

As a side note, Lebanon fans are awesome. They got loud on every play that Richlands had the ball. That's a pet peeve of mine because Richlands fans have to be prompted to do that.

You all killed us.

but I wont to add one thing. Im not making any excuses, because the game is a 4 qtr. game and what happens in those 4 qtr's is the way the game went and you cant change it. so on that note you all BEAT us fair and square. But, Why did Lebanon change their approach. T. White had VERY FEW rushes

Miller would not throw the ball, sure the recivers may have been covered butthey are very athletic, give them a shot.

Def. did a Great job. they hung in there untill ( my thoughts) they knew their Off. wasnt going to do anything.

But the game is over and you all were VERY tough. I just hope Leb. goes back to their style of football before the playoffs.

Good luck Richlands.

I think either Magna Vista, Carroll County or Tunstall. Not sure which one as I don't know any other scores from tonight. I'm not a fan of playing the same team twice so I'd rather get MV or Tunstall.

CC beat grahm . Magna Vista beat Patrick Co and Tunstall Lost to bassett. If Im not mistaken that wraps it up with CC seeded #3 and Magna Vista #4. Tunstall had to win out and CC had to beat Grahm to be #3. Looks like Richlands Plays Magna Vista again. But they come to Richlands this year.

Good game Richlands. I wish we could have played the fourth like the first three. It would have been a classic. We got beat by a deeper team tonight. At least both teams came out of the game healthly. Miller came out late in the fourth a little shaken up but he will be ok. LET THE PLAYOFFS BEGIN.

I've been crunching numbers for a few people on who would make the playoffs and under what situation. If Magna Vista wins this coming up Friday against Tunstall and the teams they played earlier in the year get wins in their games, I'm pretty sure that Magna Vista would outpoint Carroll County by .1 points. If you ask me that's a too close to call right now, it would be MV at 18.2 and Carroll at 18.1 The reason why MV would have the edge is because Carroll lost to some A schools earlier in the year and the one's that they did beat didn't win but a handful of games. The schools that MV lost to are all AAA schools that are in the playoff mix and AA schools that are locked into the playoffs. Those rider points really help ya! Either way it goes, it's going to be close as to who makes it into that 3rd slot. MV has to win this week to even have a shot at the 3rd spot, otherwise we're headed to Richlands for the first game.

Come on BigD, you know you liked coming to "The Hole"!LOL Looks like this year though we might have to head up ya'lls way. Hope your fans will treat us with the same respect that we tried to treat your team and fans with when ya'll came to Ridgeway. How are the hot dogs up there and also would the quickest way to come to Richlands be to come up 58 to Hillsville,77 to Bluefield, then 460?

i do agree about the richlands fan we do lack a little on the noise factor well some of them do. we as fan need to make more noise at game it really goes a long ways with the boys on the field. and when the cheerleaders are yelling go blue we should be rocking the place. my god we are the best team in swva let everone know it oa the field.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'm grateful to not have to make that trip to Ridgeway for the 3rd straight year. That's a long one.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you would welcome a trip to Liberty University...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well yeah. I'd welcome another trip to Magna Vista if Richlands had to go there. I'm just happy they don't.

[ QUOTE ]

Come on BigD, you know you liked coming to "The Hole"!LOL Looks like this year though we might have to head up ya'lls way. Hope your fans will treat us with the same respect that we tried to treat your team and fans with when ya'll came to Ridgeway. How are the hot dogs up there and also would the quickest way to come to Richlands be to come up 58 to Hillsville,77 to Bluefield, then 460?

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than the frigid weather (and severe beating) two years ago, Iv'e enjoyed "The Hole". Your fans were great and I'm sure you will be treated well by ours.

Wouldn't know about the hot dogs. Iv'e never had one at Richlands. I rarely buy food at games.

That's the route I take. Some people come through Roanoke to avoid "Lovers Leap" but that seems like the long way to me. I guess it depends on the traffic accross the mountain.

Man would I love to trek down to Liberty U to watch the big blue play in the final. Enjoyable drive from this end of the state. I just hope and pray they can handle whoever wins Region III. Thank the maker we have homefield.

To all RHS players: I don't want you to look ahead, leave it to us old timers. Take one game at a time, please.

I hope the forecast looks "stormy."

58 sounds like the fastest way,I traveled it one time going to Danville to play the Dan River Rugby Tournement.Its a nice drive,just watch coming around the mountains,especially around the lovers leap area.